Joystick Calibration issues...DOSBox...

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
So here's an interesting one I'm encountering recently that I can't pinpoint to any cause.

I have a Logitech Attack3 joystick. It works perfectly fine and is fully functional. For some damn reason it refuses to calibrate correctly in Armada or WC3, yet calibrates and works perfectly fine in WC, WC2, and Privateer in DOSBox .74. The stick has no issues in WinXP SP3. It's just these games and it makes no sense to me.

In Armada/WC3 the stick pulls up despite showing centered in the calibration screen.

What the hell is going on here? Any ideas?

Had the same problem ~1 yr ago last I tried. Did not find solution. Did not have any other DosBox programs to test with.

What's odd is that it worked until recently. I was playing WC3 fine. I can't recall if tried to calibrate in Armada (or installed Armada then calibrated) and that's what broke it. I know I haven't gotten it to calibrate correctly in Armada. I just don't understand how the Armada settings are ruining WC3.

Hmm I'll look at that.

Is it possible that Armada/WC3 want different settings than sprite-WC games for the timed= line? (I'm going to guess yes, but don't know much about this stuff)

"timed=true" works for me in privateer and I think in WC3 but I have to disable it for WC1+2

Back