joy!

Rushifell said:
I miss the sector map system horribly
The map is in there. Shift-M Play around with it. Press up to go to sector map, down to go back to system map.

Press the 2d/3d/isometric button to switch the map to 2d view, which will better match how it looked in privateer.

Automatic landing: I don't like it, for reasons others have said. I realize it is different from the original, and that not everyone reads manuals. Perhaps we could make a mini manual called "what you need to know if you are migrating from the original" with a few things like how landing works, or how to get to the map. Just the essentials for people trying this out after playing the original game. Of course people might not read that either, but hey.

Shield power: it is currently possible to put them down to 2/3ds or 1/3d as in the original, though it works differently. i puts them to 2/3ds, press i again and it goes back to full. shift-i puts them It would be more like the original if 'i' cycled down, and 'shift-i' cycled back up, but the results that can be accomplished are the same.

Keybindings can change easily, open vegastrike.config and change stuff. you can switch it from i to s, just make sure s is no longer bound to the camera. That's for your personal use, but we might possibly change the defaults as well.

hellcatv said:
No auto landings...I hate that too.
And I write the engine which is used in the vegastrike game and happens to be used by the privateer remake folks as well;-)
Sorry, I KNEW you didn't like it, but it was one of those Knee-Jerk kinda things.
<---Buries head in hands while blushing furiously

Silverain said:
I think that was a pet hate for most of here Wendy, so I don't think Auto Landing will be coming back in ... at least I hope not.

Now Entering An Automatic Landing Zone - is a phrase of NIGHTMARES. I swear it's etched on my brain. Just break 3,000M from a planet or station and by the time you make it to 2,000 you're sucked in, like it or not!

Thank the stars we have someone that cares doing the engine.

Thanks HellcatV & Silverain.
That actually had me in a sweat.

Wendy

My reasoning for having hte sound still be there even though it doesn't land you against your will is this: although landing is your choice, once you press the button, you don't do anything else. You don't guide the ship into the docking clamps or whatever, your (or the base's) landing computer does it for you. So it is still sort of "automatic" (at least enough to use that sound) without forcing you to land in the middle of a fight :) That is so annoying..

Back