Jazz's Insult

BlueClaw

Spaceman
In one of WC2's Observation Deck scenarios, in between the first few missions of the game, Blair talks about how he's glad to be back in the cockpit after the Tiger's Claw incident. Then Jazz says some smart-ass comment like, 'So you're one for two now, eh, Maverick? Nothing wrong with batting .500, I guess.'
Blair promptly replies, 'Go to hell, Jazz.'
What was Jazz implying by this remark? I didn't understand the insult.

IIRC, Blair was talking about a mission where he had just saved the Concordia. Since Blair didn't "save" the Tigers Claw, Jazz says he's batting .500.

C-ya

Blair had saved the Concordia just prior to that conversation, but had allegedly failed to save the Tiger's Claw ten years earlier. Thus, he was one for two (or batting .500).

Batting .500 is good in baseball... but not good in killing/not-killing ships full of people.

Originally posted by Jochen
But good is that Blair finally sent Jazz where he wished him to go to :D
He did, but only the second time round. Nothing wrong with batting 0.500, I guess :p.

Originally posted by Quarto

He did, but only the second time round. Nothing wrong with batting 0.500, I guess :p.

Only thing that stopped him from blowing him away the first time was Angel. Problem is if she hadn't been there, we would have been batting 1000 in the brig. :)

Since we're onto baseball (one of my favorite subjects right now due to NFL football preseason still a month away - go Braves!), what about figuring up a slugging percentage for WC engagements (though it would have to be done for WC1, 2 since in the later WC, the enemies don't run once they are damaged). Just like in baseball - light fighter - 1 point (single), medium fighter - 2 points (double), heavy fighter - 3 points (triple), capital ship - 4 point (HR), and anything getting away (including capships and fighters) goes down as a strikeout - 0 points. THere's a category where I believe I'd be batting over 1.000 in. :)

C-ya

I always doubled back to clean up any missed fighters, whenever possible. Kind of like going up to bat and hitting a single, then walking back up to the plate and insulting the pitcher... :D

Back