Jazz?

Hooyah

Spaceman
I never played WC2 or its add-ons since I don't own KS. Wha is the whole deal with Jazz going crazy, and being shipped to get executed? Is this mentioned in any of the books? :)

In WC2 there is a traitor somewhere aboard the Concordia who has been sabotaging its operations. Eventually the traitor is revealed to be Jazz, and he is arrested after you gun him down in a one-on-one fight.

And then in SO2 his jail ship is attacked by a fellows Mandarins and you must destroy their base and later kill Jazz in a one-on-one final fight

Zzzt... Damn you... Zzzt... Captain!

His last message was funny. :)

BTW, was the "Secret Weapon" in SM1 the Phase-Transit Canon?

Originally posted by LeHah
Pick, pick, pick.

Picky? Me? No way!

(By the way, just to make sure I was right, I went and extracted Jazz's communications from the game. Here is the transmission we were talking about.)

Erm... really sounds like the tone of voice of someone who's about to blow up in a million pieces... :rolleyes:
The guy that did the voice could have made an effort... :)

Technically, since Jazz calls you "Captain," that transmission is from Wing Commander II. This means that he doesn't "blow up in a million pieces." He simply ejects. His communications were just reused for Special Operations 2.

Wow, that's a keen sense of observation... :)
The issue's similar though: they could have re-done the voice take for SO2, don't ya think?

They could have, but they didn't. If they had, they wouldn't have had Jazz call Blair "Captain." The game clearly states that Blair had been promoted after Mang. If they had redone the voice for Special Operations 2, they would've had Jazz call Blair "Colonel."

Originally posted by WildWeasel
They could have, but they didn't. If they had, they wouldn't have had Jazz call Blair "Captain." The game clearly states that Blair had been promoted after Mang. If they had redone the voice for Special Operations 2, they would've had Jazz call Blair "Colonel."

Logical fallacy, omniscience of characters.

Originally posted by WildWeasel

Its possible that Jazz wasn't aware of Blair's promotion at the end of WC2. In that case, the 'Captain' comment would have been accurate from his POV.
Be that as it may, it probably also has to do with Origin taking the easy way out of redoing the voice samples and/or the person responsible not realizing that there was a potential problem.

You're misunderstanding me. I'm not trying to point out some hole in the continuity here. I'm well aware that the transmission was accurate from Jazz's point of view. I was just explaining the out-of-game reason for it.

Back