I've found an animation

Plywood Fiend

Rear Admiral
Much like that privateer trailer I found, i'm not sure if this is common knowledge but i'll point it out anyway. Someone's put a wing commander themed animation on youtube. Its a bit on the basic side but it has its moments. The loading time's a long one, even for broadband so if you're stuck with a dial up modem then you'd probably be wise to give this one a miss.

Anyhoo, here's the link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yMUg0tiSxpo&search=wing commander

Plywood Fiend said:
Much like that privateer trailer I found, i'm not sure if this is common knowledge but i'll point it out anyway. Someone's put a wing commander themed animation on youtube. Its a bit on the basic side but it has its moments. The loading time's a long one, even for broadband so if you're stuck with a dial up modem then you'd probably be wise to give this one a miss.

Anyhoo, here's the link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yMUg0tiSxpo&search=wing commander
I have broadband and it showed up in a fraction of a second.

I can't remember if he made it or not, But Diamondshark (hakatsuru) has been on IRC trrying to get everyone to watch it.

I have broadband and it still lagged along...would play about 5 seconds then pause for fifteen and then play. There's a good five minutes I'll never have back. :)

oh my god, look at what they did to the Tigers Claw! I think thats even worse than having the Kilrathi dreadnought and heavy cruiser from wc3 in there.

Its got heart, but it doesnt have soul.

Someone obviously put some time and heart into it-- it's not too fair to treat it like its garbage. All told I was quite impressed with the cinematic shots, even how it all queued up the music quite nicely. If anything it looks more like a rough draft of something somebody wanted to do. I enjoyed it, even if it wasn't the prettiest thing ever.

Flex said:
Someone obviously put some time and heart into it-- it's not too fair to treat it like its garbage.

Well, we're pretty sure who made that 'movie" and lets say that he's not very welcomed around here any more.

I don't know that Harajuku made that movie.

I think it's just some kid's animation class project. It's sort of fun, if completely pointless -- I don't see any reason or enjoyment coming from attacking it .

Then Y post it on the net?
What were those fighters anyway? And are you telling me the Tiger's Claw and kilrathi Cruiser-whatever are hollow and neither "big ships" fire shots and fighters dont explode and explosions are really just big spheres.

Then again, better than what i can do.....
..And i have no right to critisize.

...can't keep this in any longer...

I-like-that-Bengal-style-carrier.

there, I've said it.

A few of the panning shots could have been done better... It felt like it was a pc game, with how stiff the animations were. It was a good attempt.

Now for a moment of sarcasm...
That much buildup for Confed's testing of thier new nerf weaponry?

Well, since I couldn't get it to play hardly at all I can't truly judge but what I did see didn't seem to deserve some of the harsh comments directed at it. Everyone has to start somewhere and this kid's start (whoever he is) isn't all that bad. Not that I'm anything to measure by but look at my first WC animation:

http://www.ctfboc.com/3dprophet/newvideotemplate.asp?2

Not the most pleasant thing to go back to...but it was a start and I learned a lot. This kid's heart was in the right place and I don't think anyone should castigate him for that. Constructive criticism isn't a bad thing but then again if he's not going to read it...might not make a difference.

Back