I've Created a WC4 HD Video Pack

No worries - I should have realised that non-dialogue videos wouldn't need a separate version for different languages. Thanks for taking care of it so quickly.

No worries - I should have realised that non-dialogue videos wouldn't need a separate version for different languages. Thanks for taking care of it so quickly.

No problem :^)

You're absolutely right that they should be in the pack - I don't want French-speaking Wingnuts to have to download the entire English pack just to manually add those missing files. It's just that I've made efforts to automate 90% of the workflow (otherwise these things would take me months to put out there) and unfortunately, those videos don't get caught in the automated remux process so I have to remember to manually copy them over from the English pack.

I should really make myself a checklist for putting the packs together so I don't miss any manual stages like this in the future.

I've downloaded the German Version 4.0 and recognized that the included files are now MP4 files and no longer VOB files.
I've not had the time to test it yet... just wanted to ask, if this is correct?

Anyway, thanks for the improved video quality. It is just AWESOME!

I've downloaded the German Version 4.0 and recognized that the included files are now MP4 files and no longer VOB files.
I've not had the time to test it yet... just wanted to ask, if this is correct?

Anyway, thanks for the improved video quality. It is just AWESOME!

Oh no... there's another stage I missed out - renaming all the file extensions!

You're right, @Rylex, it's not correct. To save you downloading the entire pack again once I get this fixed, I use Bulk Rename Utility on Windows to quickly change all the file extentions to .VOB.

I'll get all the packs corrected and back over to Chris

Oh no... there's another stage I missed out - renaming all the file extensions!

You're right, @Rylex, it's not correct. To save you downloading the entire pack again once I get this fixed, I use Bulk Rename Utility on Windows to quickly change all the file extentions to .VOB.

I'll get all the packs corrected and back over to Chris

Thank you very much for your quick response!
You can use a command line in windows using cmd.exe and switch to the folder with the MP4-files. Then just use:

Code:
ren *.MP4 *.VOB

That just changes the extension for all MP4 files to VOB.

Thank you very much for your quick response!
You can use a command line in windows using cmd.exe and switch to the folder with the MP4-files. Then just use:

Code:
ren *.MP4 *.VOB

That just changes the extension for all MP4 files to VOB.
Good call @Rylex 🙂

Good call @Rylex 🙂

Hi all - in light of @Rylex pointing out my goof, here's a patch file for anyone who's downloaded the incorrectly-named MP4 files in HD Pack 4.0

Just drop it in the folder where you extracted all the MP4 files and run it, and it'll rename all the MP4 files to VOB files.

Yes, I was wondering about the extension change too. No worries about the mistake. Shouldn't be a problem now, but I noticed previous packs differed between .vob and .VOB (only an issue outside of Windows, I believe).

Apologies for the oversights, guys. For the first three packs I was off work due to the pandemic and had pretty much nothing else to do with my time. I'm now back in work and in the process of moving house, so my attention is somewhat split to say the least 🤯

Ah, it'll be the "walking about the Lexington" files that are missing. Since they don't have audio by default on the DVD version, they get missed out in the remuxing phase and I have to add them back in manually. I'll get them added in to the zips and send replacements over to @ChrisReid. Thanks for the catch, @Wedge009

EDIT

Yep, it was those and a few others that didn't have French-specific audio (jump sequences and other clip with no dialogue etc.). Only the second zip will need replacing. I'll get that packaged up and sent to Chris now

As far as I know most of those have no dialogue. You could probably just wrap up the extra files in a separate zip rather than replace the existing ones. There's maybe two exception: There's the wash-out ending with the extra bar coda, and a segment of the scene where you chastise maniac for giving catscratch bad advice.

I also noted before that at least with WCP the dvd patches don't really care about hte file extension. My copy had no issue playing them with the MP4 extension. Changing the extension doesn't change the contents of the file, so as long as your machine recognizes the MP4 format it might not matter, though I don't remember if it made any difference in how long it took the game to load the files.

I was doing a watch-through of the English pack files, one of the files where Blair is yelling at Maniac and Catscratch for his crazy stunt on the flight deck has no audio in the 4.0 pack (SC2470C.mp4). That file might need replacing, could it have had it's audio muxed incorrectly?

I was doing a watch-through of the English pack files, one of the files where Blair is yelling at Maniac and Catscratch for his crazy stunt on the flight deck has no audio in the 4.0 pack (SC2470C.mp4). That file might need replacing, could it have had it's audio muxed incorrectly?

Thanks for tracking that down, @BloodHounder - looking into it it did get muxed, but my SC_2470C.AC3 audio file seems to be empty. I'll get that fixed and patched ASAP

Last edited:
Thanks for tracking that down, @BloodHounder - looking into it it did get muxed, but my SC_2470C.AC3 audio file seems to be empty. I'll get that fixed and patched ASAP

Huh... looking into it further, I've found my copy of the original DVD VOB from the GOG release for SC_2470C.vob doesn't actually have any sound either, which would certainly explain why my extracted audio is empty. Can anyone else check their GOG DVD VOB files and see if it's the same way?

Looks like it's the version of Maniac's "dressing down" where Blair tells him Hawk's got an issue with him, because the video content is identical to SC_2470B.vob - and that's the one where Blair tells him Panther's ready to "perform some below the belt surgery on you".

Huh... looking into it further, I've found my copy of the original DVD VOB from the GOG release for SC_2470C.vob doesn't actually have any sound either, which would certainly explain why my extracted audio is empty. Can anyone else check their GOG DVD VOB files and see if it's the same way?

Looks like it's the version of Maniac's "dressing down" where Blair tells him Hawk's got an issue with him, because the video content is identical to SC_2470B.vob - and that's the one where Blair tells him Panther's ready to "perform some below the belt surgery on you".
Yeah this is the one I mentioned a few posts up. It doesn't have audio on the DVD for some reason but I did post a fixed one for you a while back if you still have that. If not here's all the audio for those scenes ripped from the CD versions : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mfMPxuc5-X0CEPUoRP0xV2V9XFHK1V1c/view?usp=sharing

There is also no audio on the flight transitions from surface of Telemon to space for the Avenger and Dragon takeoffs (SC2900D and SC2900E). *IF* I can find it (good luck) I also have the original double-sided DVD release of WC4 *SOMEWHERE* if possible I could check that for anything, if I can find it. Now that I think about it, I also don't see a file for the main opening of WCIV in here as I passed through the directory (the pilots being defeated by Seether's Dragon Black Lance). The scenes start at the bar, is it stored somewhere else?
Edit: Duh..never mind it's right there in the first file. For some reason I stopped that one short thinking it was just the Dolby logo and didn't watch it. No issues there.
Edit the 2nd: Having looked, the files in my GoG install are the same as yours,I'll hunt around for my WCIV original DVD and see if they're that way there as well. It's one of the double-sided DVDs that came with the DXR2 so it's got the "true" files on it.

Last edited:
There is also no audio on the flight transitions from surface of Telemon to space for the Avenger and Dragon takeoffs (SC2900D and SC2900E). *IF* I can find it (good luck) I also have the original double-sided DVD release of WC4 *SOMEWHERE* if possible I could check that for anything, if I can find it.

There are several space transitions that lack sound, but they are that way on the DVD. The audio for the Telamon scenes are in the pack I linked above.

Back