IT is a little dark around here. Quiet too

Andropolos

Spaceman
I understand that it is July, summer too. Just wanted to ask if/whether there is some progress on programming or modeling or whatever.

Just asking...

No kidding... :rolleyes:

Eder is currently busy coding missions for Standoff, that´s the last I heard from him. It is a slow and steady job, so I think we won´t have big Standoff news in a while.

And I pretty much have all the inflight music done. It was supposed to be done yesterday, but over the weekend some unexpected girl issues came up that I had to deal with :(

Looks like we can blame this on the girls, then :p I've also had a little major trouble which might have gotten in the way, just a little.

Anyway, the latest news are that I've finished an ejected pilot mesh, finished the intro's credits, and as of now I'm working on releasing a new main package to the rest of the team so we can de-bug the latest bugfixes :p I've also included the latest batch of voiceovers, which brings us a little closer to completion... but as you can see, there's nothing really worth showing a screenshot of.

Missions 1, 2, 6, and 7 are almost complete, as well, and should be bug-free soon enough.

Oh, and it's most definitely winter in the official Standoff calendar :D

Needaham45 said:
And I pretty much have all the inflight music done. It was supposed to be done yesterday, but over the weekend some unexpected girl issues came up that I had to deal with :(

Girls come and go, but there's always Wing Commander.

I know a guy who was in the same local scene with Van Halen, Poison, Cinderella, etc etc. He was in a metal band and played shows with all those guys. Recently, when I suffered a horrible breakup, he said to me something quite similar. "Well, dozens of girls will come and go, and you probably won't get married till you're 30, but, no matter how much of your heart they steal, they can never steal your music."

Of course, I said "30? Hell with that! I'm already tired of cooking my own meals and cleaning my own house. I'll order a bride from Russia before I wait till I'm 30!"

A bit extreme, was it?

overmortal said:
...Of course, I said "30? Hell with that! I'm already tired of cooking my own meals and cleaning my own house. I'll order a bride from Russia before I wait till I'm 30!"

A bit extreme, was it?
Dunno. I pretty much think along the same lines, but then again, I'm still like a decade short of being 30. :p

Quarto said:
...it's the middle of winter.
I thought that after the summer solstice (for the northern hemisphere), things would warm up. It was the complete opposite. :/

t.c.cgi said:
It's summer up here in the northern hemisphere.
Who said north is "up"?

ChrisReid said:
Girls come and go, but there's always Wing Commander.
I know there's the thing happening with Ultima, but I'm not sure we can even rely on WC...

Eder said:
Dunno. I pretty much think along the same lines, but then again, I'm still like a decade short of being 30.

Yah, I'm only 21 myself . . . although I'll be 22 in a few months. . . too bad I've already dated the prettiest girl in my town. Now all that's left are the ones that aren't as good. Always a let-down.

overmortal said:
"Well, dozens of girls will come and go, and you probably won't get married till you're 30, but, no matter how much of your heart they steal, they can never steal your music."

Don't be so sure about that. Music is emotion - there's no sense in doing it if you can't communicate emotion, and a girl can take so much of you that it makes you empty inside, and every song you play or write just sounds empty and does nothing. It can happen... it has happened to me, and it's happening right now.

It causes a slight problem - music is what I always go to when I'm down. When it's not healing, it takes me a long to time get over it and get better. Eventually I will though.

My favorite part is the horrible bitterness. Oh yea . . . that's always fun. That thing that just gnaws at your insides for a while. I'm dealing with it at this point.

Hmm... I have the odd white hair here and there, I just blame it on working to hard. At least, that's what I tell my parents. :) Strangely enough, I've seen a few white hairs which become black towards the root.

Yeah, I know, this is a really weird thread. :p

Back