ISO - Orthographics

Galaxy_Stranger

Rear Admiral
Hi.

I've been a Wing Commander/Privateer fan since the games came out - I've just not been active in the community.

Lately, I've been wanting to scratch build my own Wing Commander universe plastic models such as the P-64 Ferret from WC2. I was wondering if there was a resource that has correct orthographic and other reference images in better quality than the game sprites - like images from 3d models that fans have made or anything like that which are accurate to the original designs. The ones that came with the original games were missing views and most of the ships altogether. Also, information on scale would be great too.

OH HAPPY DAY!

FANTASTIC! This is far greater than I had hoped! I had no idea that the original model resources were available! Oh man - I can do more with this that just make plastic models. OMG - this is just astounding!

Thank you so much!

Does this look of interest to anyone? Can be done with sprites AND models. This is a proof of concept. I just have to fix the vehicle code to account for multiplayer.

Hi.

I've been a Wing Commander/Privateer fan since the games came out - I've just not been active in the community.

Lately, I've been wanting to scratch build my own Wing Commander universe plastic models such as the P-64 Ferret from WC2. I was wondering if there was a resource that has correct orthographic and other reference images in better quality than the game sprites - like images from 3d models that fans have made or anything like that which are accurate to the original designs. The ones that came with the original games were missing views and most of the ships altogether. Also, information on scale would be great too.
Here, enjoy this:

Ferret.png

If you want another ship from the Epee to the Hvar'Kann, just tell me (I think I have one of the most comprehensive 3D model collections of the fandom, collected from most artists over the past decade). Note, this Ferret is flying under Border Worlds colors, thus the insigna.

Here, enjoy this:
If you want another ship from the Epee to the Hvar'Kann, just tell me (I think I have one of the most comprehensive 3D model collections of the fandom, collected from most artists over the past decade). Note, this Ferret is flying under Border Worlds colors, thus the insigna.
Thanks! It would be wonderful to get a hold of the models - with models I can do much more than just make sprites.

Pretty cool... but kinda creepy on a Doom video...
Yeah, that happens a lot...

Thanks! It would be wonderful to get a hold of the models - with models I can do much more than just make sprites.

Yeah, that happens a lot...
You’ll have to contact the Wing Commander Saga team as well as @Klavs81 as most of the models I have come from them (most, not all) and get their explicit authorization for use in your project.

Back