Is there anywhere I can get just this?

Lt.Overload

Rear Admiral
From HCl'S 2002 page:

Expanding some limits of the WCSO engine - This patch consists in changing some of the limits on WCSO, such as the number of active ships in a nav point. Having more than 250 active ships simultaneously was acheived (screenshots available here and here), as well as increasing the number of VDUs usable by Secret Ops and increasing the number of asteroids supported by the game.
Project status: Completed! Currently being used by the Unknown Enemy project.

Somehow, I want to include this into my Secret Ops files, so I can make extreme missions (lag is not an issue). How would I go about this?

NOTE: Just a word of caution, I am not some tech-savvy wingnut. While I do know some parts of WCSO's inner workings, I have never really touched on DLLs, so if those are required, lots of explanation would be needed. :)

I can't remember if UE had a dll patch from hcl or not, but if it does then I guess in theory you just need to use the UE executable and dll file as your game exe - that way the patch will be already included!
Does anyone know if the standoff exe has this stuff included?

Yes, those limit-cranking patches are achieved through the hack DLLs, so you could use UE's or Standoff's as a basis and start from there; both UE DLL source code and an old version of the Standoff DLL are posted on HCl's website. Here is HCl's tutorial on how to alter the EXE to load the DLL.

I created a few other patches to raise other limits of the game in a later version of the Standoff DLL, but I just haven't taken the time to clean it up and release it's source yet. Sharpen your claws with the already-available DLL source and if you can get it working and want the latest Standoff I'll be happy to have it help another project !

Back