Is there an easy way to add missiles in WCP?

This may seem strange, but...

In WCPEdit, there's an option to add a new ship - this makes no sense to me, since a new ship would require editing of the whole game to put it in.

However, there is no option (that I have found) to add, say, a new gun or a new missile. This makes even less sense to my way of mind, since adding a new missile is as simple as overwriting a missile entry on an existing ship. (For that matter, I don't see a "new missile on ship" entry like there are for guns.)

Am I just plain blind? See, I'd really like to make a new missile just for the hell of it, since I've already played Prophecy through the 'right' way, and I'd really rather play it the "aliens? Bugspray!" way; IE, adding some really broken freaking missiles. (Like, a Swarmer that actually launches 64 FoF missiles or something.)

But in the interest of preserving something distantly resembling a sense of game balance, I'd like to not overwrite old missiles in doing this - IE, I want to keep the normal Swarmer AB and the Tracker MIRV, but I'd also like to add a Mecha Missile Massacre weapon for those times when you just want to say "to hell with this".

Is there an easy way to do this? (And further, to add new missiles to the ships), or am I S,OL?

Back