Is there a way?

Manic

Rear Admiral
I just listened to the introduction music of WC1, from the WCKS... It is PERFECT for the opening music of Wing Commander: Invasion! The problem is, I don't know how to extract the streaming audio from the game. Does anyone know how?

Hmmmm, I don't mean to be the jack ass here, but wouldn't extracting the audio from WC1 and distributing it with Invasion be a copyright violation?

(I wanna know too, because I'd kill to get the WC1 launch music into Standoff :))

--Eder

Right.

Eventhough George Sanger and Dave Govett composed most of the music for WC1 & 2, George Oldziey re-arranged the music for digital orchestration (or so) for WCKS.

Why are their first names both George?

Originally posted by Eder
Hmmmm, I don't mean to be the jack ass here, but wouldn't extracting the audio from WC1 and distributing it with Invasion be a copyright violation?

(I wanna know too, because I'd kill to get the WC1 launch music into Standoff :))

Extracting audio or bootlegging composers work makes most (not all, most) composers a very sad panda. To make Fatman a Happy Panda, I think we should all buy multiple, at least 2, copies of Fatman's WC1 score to make it up to him. :)

BTW, the WC1 launch theme was the launch theme in WC2 and the scramble theme from WC3.

Originally posted by LeHah
...[Stealing their works] makes most (not all, most) composers a very sad panda.

Hey, didn't I tell you I'm the only one allowed to do South Park references on this board? :p

Originally posted by Napoleon
no you can't the WC1 theme is the theme that started it all and is perfect

Or you could use the movie theme... not as heroic though

The WCM movie overture is very heroic. All most too much so. It's more brass heavy than a lot of Military Sci-Fi movies, esp Aliens and Starship Troopers.

Still, WC1's theme is more bombastic. This could be because Fatman was just jamming as hard as he could on the keyboard. :)

Both themes kick arse.

Listen to the other modern THEMES THERE BETTER!!!!!! Look it is synthitic music this WC1 stuff. Wc3-5 is real. you prefer listen to a reject of Wagner war music that Hitler Said sucks go ahead and use the patheitic music. But if you dont have your head up your ass you would use WC3-5

I hate to burst your bubble, but WC3 was still MIDI's inflight, and the movies just used Rolandised versions of the MIDI music. I can't be certain about WC4, but it also sounds very Roland to me. I should know, I own a Roland E-96, which is, btw, the best E-series keyboard they've ever done, perhaps with the exception of the millennium special EM-2000. All other E's (even newer higher numbered ones) had lesser specs than the E-96 because otherwise the high-range Es would approximate the much more expensive low-range Gs too much and no one would buy the G-600.
I just loved playing WC3 with my E-96 hooked up to the MIDI port for the music. With it's 18-bit 48kHz stereo it sounded even better than the WC3 movies or KS.

Back