Is it me? Or do the Kilrathi adjust to the ship you use?

Wendy

Spaceman
In the Centurion I seem to be slamming on the brakes. I'm CONSTANTLY in so tight I can't get a shot in.

In the galaxy I can't get close. I'm forever taking hits from a distance. I can downgrade my shields and go to afterburners, but I STILL can't get in close enough to get a shot off with any reliability.

Auto targeting:
In some cases it's nice. Like that first burst. After that, it's a waste. Your targets jiggle their noses and you can't hit your target. PERIOD. And I can't get the nose of my ships to do that. The response just isn't there. Fair's fair, isn't it?

Umm. . .
Death spirals, are frustrating if you can't get in close, especially if you use auto-targeting mounts for the guns. I've since split the guns. That's right, sold the bloody ship, bought new, and split the mounts.

And CMF-A is misnamed. With the background it should be CMAF-B
Cut Me A Freakin'-Break
I can barely make out a target from all the background noise. For a rescue mission there, forget wingmen, go in on full afterburners rolling hard and be sure you have auto-targeting mounts for the tractor-beam With the background as it is, I can't distinguish the targets well enough to be willing to stay and fight it out. It all but gives me a headache.

(singing) "poor sweet baby"

Yes, they do adjust to your ship. The better your ship is, the better they are. I'll have to go to the CMF-A system and see what I think about it. If it's like I think, there's a system like that down towards Sol. I forget which one. But since everyone's my friend, I don't get into much combat.

Yeah, and it's played with the smallest violins in the world, too. Bet their encore is "My heart bleeds for you."

Xyanti (sp?) is the same. Gah! Colour swirls! How do you pick a target?

You're just the loveable type, aren't you?
Right now, I have 3 enemies, Kilrathi, Retros and Pirates. But the pirates are slowly starting to like me while the Kilrathi & Retros can't hate me much more than they already do.

Actually, I thought that the fighting got easier in the Centurion and that my opponents got much worse. I just have to slow it down to get a shot in edgewise, or I overshoot.

And the Gothri ships are like the Orion was supposed to be. Slower, thicker skinned and why can't I do the damage they do with my shields? Darn!

Back