Is Blair's arrival to the Tiger's Claw in the movie really his first time?

Well in the breifing of the 4th missoin of wc3 Eisen says something like "the kilrathi are testing a NEW type of missile. Confed intelligence calls theses missiles skipper because they skip in and out of cloack..." so if the skippers appear in wc movie (I haven't seen it) it is an incontinuity

Well in the breifing of the 4th missoin of wc3 Eisen says something like "the kilrathi are testing a NEW type of missile. Confed intelligence calls theses missiles skipper because they skip in and out of cloack..." so if the skippers appear in wc movie (I haven't seen it) it is an incontinuity

Thank you Mancubus!

There are many inconsistencies in the Wing Commander Movie. It was an OKAY movie. Because it's Wing Commander I am not going to defend it until death. I am a die hard Star Trek fan that doesn't mean I try to disprove every inconsistency that comes along in it, it's freely admitted and realized.

No series is perfect.

The ships introduced in Wing Commander I (later in 2654) are the F-44 Rapier II. The ones flown in the movie are a much, much (much) older ship - the unrelated CF-117 Rapier. They aren't related at all - any moreso than the P-47 Thunderbolt and the A-10 Thunderbolt II are today.

Loaf none of the ships in the movie look anything like the ships in the Wing Commander games... The Dralthi? The Tiger's Claw.... Are you saying that was an old model too?

Thank you Mancubus!

See, here's the problem with your motive - you're incredibly excited because somebody 'agreed' with you in the sense that they also had some problem with the movie. Even ignoring the fact that their complaint has already been shot down, that's an awful reason to think anything.

Loaf none of the ships in the movie look anything like the ships in the Wing Commander games... The Dralthi? The Tiger's Claw.... Are you saying that was an old model too?

I didn't say anything like that. Our 'legal test' for such things is a ship's background (generally as established in the Confederation Handbook), *not* what it looks like. The same Wing Commander ships have been redesigned over and over in many places - the Tiger's Claw even has three different layouts in the original Wing Commander alone... and then it changes again in Wing Commander 2, Super Wing Commander and Wing Commander Academy.

We know that the Dralthi is a different class of fighter because of the Dralthi article in Star*Soldier... and we know that the Tiger's Claw is the same ship because... it's literally the same ship.

Back