IRC Op Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antman

Spaceman
Ok, so I go onto irc.wcnews.com, and join #wingnut.

We get into a discussion about the differences between ISDN and DSL, when Filler starts devoicing me. The script I wrote automatically hops the channel when I am -v'd, and Filler obviously knew it, so he kept doing it, at a repeated rate.

So, after maybe 4 times, I am killed. I rejoin, I am then K-Lined for about 10 minutes, with the reason 'ISDN makes the baby jesus cry'. I would expect a more mature attitude and response from the person who is hosting the WCNews IRC server!

At least, once I finally come back on, and I inquire into him, he explains himself, but 3 minutes later, ^Nohbody_, out of the blue, with no warning whatsoever, bans, then kicks me. After repeated attempts in msg to aspertain WHY he did it, he did not reply.

So, out of everyone on the IRC channel, ^Nohbody_ would have to be, in my opinion and from my experiences, the most abusive person there.

And please, any friends of his or the other people listed, do not come in here and flame me. This is not a flame thread, and if you flame me, I will report you. I am simply stating what my experience has been on the server.

Because I felt like you threatened me. You said if I flame you then you would report me. Of course I have to begin flaming you now but I find it funny that you think reporting me will make one bit of difference what so ever. I am the raging wildfire baby, I have just begun to consume the cyberscape. Remember California? That was nothing compared to the I have planned for you.

Antman: I can tell you from experience and from witnessing many others just like you that you're only digging your own grave. The Cirius.Net rules clealy state:

9) If you believe that the CIC staff have made a mistake in regard to (Rule 8: The right to moderate), you are allowed to protest. However, this is NOT to be done _on_ the board. You should use E-Mail, ICQ, or IRC. Any messages posted on the 'Zone for this purpose will be deleted, and the person responsible may, at the CIC's discretion, be banned.

This being said, shut your mouth while you're still able to post and instead take it up with a moderator on AIM, email or the like.

Dynaco: I know from experience that you're a pretty cool guy but shit-stomping a new guy, deserving or no, seems beneath you, especially when s/he drags it from #Wingnut and into the CZ. I'd say just let the shit lay; no one else is really going to care much about this aside from Antman.

Stating your experience is in violation of rule nine because it's a complaint. It's factual, you name names and it's obviously a complaint because of the none-so-subtle title of "IRC Op Abuse".

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. Don't make me out to look a fool like Ghost or Preacher, ok?

Well, no, technically you're not in violation to rule 9. However, this thread is inappropriate for the very reason that we've got rule 9 - public arguments about what an admin/moderator/IRC op should or shouldn't have done usually tend to spin out of control; you're much more likely to get a reasonable explanation if you contact the people in question through more private channels, such as email or (ironically, in this case) IRC. Indeed, the fact that you've already felt it necessary to report this thread to us seems to demonstrate this point all too well. Therefore, I am going to close this thread now - see rule 8.

Antman, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that the rules of the forums apply on IRC. It doesn't work that way.

Things that get passed over with, at most, a roll of the eyes or a snort of digust, here on the forum, are not-infrequently considered to be sufficient grounds for being kicked from the channel. To quote from WC4: "There's a lower asshole tolerance around here", with the "here" in question being IRC.

My applying a kick/ban on you was for the same general reason of the "no second accounts to get around a ban" rule here on the forums. You knowingly took effort to work around a kline (which is the admin, in this case Cpl_Hades, effectively saying "you're not welcome here at this time"), so I gave you a vacation from the channel.

As for my not replying to your /msging, when your first response to the kick message I used ("Go away, you silly twit.") was a /msg to me reading "YOu go away", I determined that you had absolutely nothing to say that I had any interest in hearing, so I /ignored you.

When you show signs of acting like someone with the behavioral age of an adult (or, hell, I'll even settle for highschool student), instead of the snot-nosed 12 year old behavior you displayed in the channel, I'll consider lifting the /ignore and the ban. Until then, too bad, so sad.

BTW, taking issues from one forum (IRC, in this case) to another, unrelated forum (these boards) is not the way to win friends.

And, LeHah, please don't try playing "rules lawyer". You're not all that good at it.

This is stupid

Also, Dyn, you suck at flaming people. I think you should just never do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back