Introducing wcdx - Kilrathi Saga for modern Windows

ShadowArm

2nd Lieutenant
Interesting; I may have to take a look at that. Eventually. I am once again completely swamped with other stuff.

Incidentally, if anyone out there is interested in contributing to wcdx, please let me know. The project is open-source for a reason...
a thread at vogons about wcdx would be nice too, there are patch threads there for many games, peixoto's patches are hosted there too.

also good luck with reforged

Last edited:

Hrvg

Spaceman
Hi,
My English is bad, sorry.
We translate the add-ons in French of the game Wing Commander 2 Frenc version.
We have two problem:
1) We would like subtitles and voices during videos and others.
We have no problem for basic game Wing Commander 2. We modified wc2.cfg file. But, it does not work for add-ons (SO1 and SO2).
2) Add-ons do not recognize font (FONTS.FNT). We can not write French letters (à, â, é, è, ç, etc.)
I did research on internet and found your topic.
I hope you can help us, thank you.
Regards.

Stinger

Vice Admiral
Hi @Hrvg; if you're looking to modify the DOS versions, check out @UnnamedCharacter's excellent work on the Wing Commander Toolbox. You may be able to find someone on that thread who can help you. If you're relying on wcdx, then be advised that I haven't done any work on SO1 or SO2 yet (and my work on wcdx has unfortunately stalled for the last few years).

ShadowArm

2nd Lieutenant
Hi @Hrvg; if you're looking to modify the DOS versions, check out @UnnamedCharacter's excellent work on the Wing Commander Toolbox. You may be able to find someone on that thread who can help you. If you're relying on wcdx, then be advised that I haven't done any work on SO1 or SO2 yet (and my work on wcdx has unfortunately stalled for the last few years).
how long stinger until you can resume with wcdx?
it seems that wcdx doesn't open on dgvoodoo2 newest dx9 wrapper.

there i san entire topic abou the newst builds on vogos forums, i think dege would help with the game speed problems.

Stinger

Vice Admiral
I don't have a good answer for you. I don't have a lot of free time on my hands, and when I do, I'm usually inclined to unwind with more passive pursuits. It does bug me that I haven't finished this, but I also want to finally spend some time playing Kerbal Space Program, for instance.