Wcdx - Kilrathi Saga for modern Windows

Hello, Stinger.

It's been some time since we got any news or updates about WCDX and we can all assume that you have not had any time to progress at all. I am just posting to tell you that myself (and I believe many more) are loyally keeping an eye on this because we love WCDX!

All the best for your work and modding committments.

Apologies for the late reply. I hadn't realized how long it had been since I last checked in!

I'm afraid I don't have anything new to report; I haven't done any meaningful work on wcdx since last year, and I have other commitments that still need to take priority. If there's an experienced developer out there who is interested in taking on some wcdx work, please let me know! I'd be happy to walk you through the process.

Apologies for the late reply. I hadn't realized how long it had been since I last checked in!

I'm afraid I don't have anything new to report; I haven't done any meaningful work on wcdx since last year, and I have other commitments that still need to take priority. If there's an experienced developer out there who is interested in taking on some wcdx work, please let me know! I'd be happy to walk you through the process.
it would be nice to announce that at /r/emulation and other space sim and dev channels too alongside the toolbox development

Seeing how DF unity worked as theforceengine/dark forces reverse engineering, i would love to see that

Thanks for the update, Stinger.

I wish I could be of assistance. I can but hope that someone capable will materialize.

Has anybody experienced issues with the mouse cursor getting stuck in the top-left corner after launching WC2, SO1 and SO2? I don't have this problem with WC1. It is happening with both the patched and unpatched executables.

I've only seen something like this reported in this thread: https://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/threads/kilrathi-saga-joystick-problems.14128/

However, I am only using a mouse and keyboard.

If you have a gamepad, that could also be causing the issue. Otherwise, try alt-tabbing out of the game and back in; maybe that will help?

Hey all - not sure this is the right place to ask this but I'm on the hunt for the ideal WC1 - SM1-2 playthrough but don't own Kilrathi Saga. I was thrilled to discover that the Windows version of WC1 had been released for free. The PC Gamer Release worked right away on my system, though with a few DDraw problems.

I'm having no luck, though, patching it via WCDX. I might be doing step 2 wrong. The Secret Missions installer doesn't work, so I have to copy over manually, but I'm unclear whether the SM files should get their own directory or be merged with WC1. I presumed it was merging, but that results in some files copied over (is that normal), and breaks WC1. Patching it following the instructions yields .exes that launch to blank screens and quit.

Can someone clarify step 2, and then maybe I can go from there?

UPDATE: nevermind! Got it all working. So excited.

Last edited:
Back