Internet Explorer Icons...

mpanty

Keen Commander
I feel kind of stupid with this thread, but I have to ask or I never will...

You know in Internet Explorer... when you add a favorite (url) to your list, I do it by dragging the address link to my list on the left side of the screen...

Well I just did it for the CIC list of Kilrathi words, and a cute icon appeared next to it (a small CIC icon, with "CIC" in white letters on a red-black background)...

Well, my problem is that these "icons" for links in my favorites, only appear the first time I drag the address onto the list... the next day, or the next minute as a matter of fact, they're gone!!! :( (replaced by the stupid blue "e" on a white background)

Does anyone know how to keep the icons in place?
Thanks a lot!

Yes.

The icon is placed into your cache for IE. If you clear the cache (or have it set up to do so automatically), the icon is deleted and therefore the default one is used.

HTH!

Thanks Phoenix... how do you disable the option to automatically clear the cache?

And also, how do you "save" the bookmark icon the same way you would save an image (i.e. as an .ico file)?

[Edited by mpanty on 06-05-2001 at 16:54]

You could just go into the Temporary Internet Files directory, find the icon, move it to another location, and then set it as the link's icon.

SPOON!!!!! :D

Anyway, I like the CIC and all, but I've been spending more time with the WC Theme at http://www.themeworld.com than the icon ^_^. Go look under Games\Wing Commander. You should find it. :D

[Edited by Bob McDob on 06-08-2001 at 22:10]

Originally posted by Bob McDob

Anyway, I like the CIC and all, but I've been spending more time with the WC Theme at http://www.themeworld.com than the icon ^_^. Go look under Games\Wing Commander. You should find it.
Awesome!! Thanks a million, Bob! :cool:
I've been dying to find great WC icons and wallpapers! :)
(Though Sadic's pics must be quite awesome as wallpaper!)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
There's some great from-Origin P2 themes in the files section.
Right... but if I may be allowed a small criticism:
You guys should make a "Jump Station" in the format "Screensavers", "Wallpapers", "Icons" etc. as well... it makes it simpler for someone to look for a specific type of media...

Back