Internet Connection

What Internet Connection do you have?

• I don´t have, i go to the Cybercafe

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Dial-Up (home)

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Dial-Up (University,school,friend,work)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ADSL-Cablemodem 128/256 Kb/s (home)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • ADSL-CableModem 128/256 Kb/s (University,school,friend,work)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • ADSL-Cablemodem 512 or higher (home)

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • ADSL-Cablemodem 512 or higher (University,school,friend,work)

• T1 or better (home)

• T1 or better (University,school,friend,work)

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by ChrisReid
Aside from the quota, that's pretty standard.
I don't have much experience with Telstra's BigPond, but from what I've heard of friends' experiences, the service is pretty dodgy and unreliable.

To the original topic:Im all the day in Cyber-Internet-Cafes etc to d/l and post here.Damn I wish I had Internet Connection home :(
All my posts here are from Internet Cafes!:p

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Nobody said anything bad about 56k modems when there was no alternative.. but ISDN has a major case of "it's slower than broadband, but at least it costs more" going for it.

From your perspective, Chris...

Here ISDN was the only really option to get flat rate. As too many people subscribed they axed that flat rate offer again after 2 months (around 40 euro IIRC).
ADSL got a cap of 1 or 2 GB/month for 70 euro cost or so.
Cable also more likely has a cap than not.
I am fortunate enough to be with a small cable provider that does fair use for less then the adsl cost :)) , but that is pure luck (had to wait 2 more years OTOH till he finally got it right and it still isn't exactly very stable. Using my 56k modem often enough as a backup).

Here it's something like $100 a channel (so $100 for single channel, $200 for dual) for ISDN a month... It's been $40 a month for DSL and Cable for years.

above prices in Canadian dollars

Bah, you slow little snails with your inferior kiddie cables! I got a Cray 167mega-gagillion-morethanScroogeMcDuck-thousand with a Tesla antenna on my roof!! If you think that's scary, look at what the US Department of Defense has.

Back