Insurance coverage exemptions

Maniac II

Rear Admiral
So i was looking through the legal contract for my auto insurance the other day, to see if something that had happened to my vehicle was covered, and found this in the coverage exemptions:

3.Loss due to or as a consequence of:

a.Radioactive contamination;

b.Discharge of any nuclear weapon (even if accidental);

c.War (declared or undeclared);

d.Civil war;

e.Insurrection; or

f.Rebellion or revolution.

While it makes logical sense for them to include even the wildest of scenarios in their legal documents to cover their asses, it really made me chuckle and i though i'd share. I hope no Kilrathi on their home planet have the same insurance i do! haha

d.Civil war;

e.Insurrection; or

f.Rebellion or revolution.
Hmm. These are interesting. Given the lack of precise definition for these terms, I wonder - if somebody lost their car in a civil rights-related riot back in the 1960s... would it turn out their insurance doesn't cover it?

Hmm. These are interesting. Given the lack of precise definition for these terms, I wonder - if somebody lost their car in a civil rights-related riot back in the 1960s... would it turn out their insurance doesn't cover it?

Yeah, probably. I think the intent of the entire segment is to protect the insurance company from most man-made disasters. One single demonstration isn't an insurrection, but if it becomes widespread (and the cost starts adding 0s), then it's not going to count.

Back