installing WC4?

LanceRanger

Spaceman
Hello, ive played WC many times before but ever since ive upgraded my motherboard and processor it seems i can't install WC4 anymore. when i run the install after it says vga loaded and stuff it just doesn't do anything.. it has a blinking white line with no text around it.. does anyone know how to fix this? thanks

Try disabling some features and go with that... like, try disabling sound and see if that works, or work in VGA mode, or whatever... it might be, as I always like to say, a compadibility issue.

Oh, I know this one. It's because you're in Win9x. The game has trouble autodetecting your stuff, I believe. At least that seemed to be the problem for me.

So...

Install all the files, but don't bother with configuring the graphics, sound, et cetera. Just get those files installed and quit (do not abort - just quit) at the first opportunity. Then go to the Origin site (or, if you have KSaga, open your KSaga CD 1) and find the WC4 for Win9x patch. Unzip it, follow instructions. When you first run WC4W, you'll get to do all that config stuff you skipped before, except that this time you'll have no problems.

The file is also available on the CIC Files page, I believe. It's much easier to find there than on OSI's site.

TC

Back