Insignia

Wolf

Spaceman
Always wanted to know what the insignia looked like for the different ranks. For example Blair had two The large square with the line across the top and the cross shaped insignia. Which one stood for his rank or was it both? Is there anywhere where I can see what the different types of rank insignia are? For example what does a Major look like or a colonel?

funny you should ask, i think LOAF is working on a list if i'm not wrong.

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

The ranks change between WC2 and WC3. The WC3-forward rank insignias are the golden or silver bars on the left breast pocket of a uniform. The CZ will soon feature this type of rank graphic for each rank
smile.gif
I will also try to put up a rank chart for everybody...

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cross medal is the Confed. Flying Cross

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

Hi LOAF,

When will those insignias be up? I thought the cross thingie worn above the ribbons denoted flag rank. Now how do you tell which division of flag rank -- example, how do you tell a Commodore from a Vice-Admiral?
I find it interesting that the SM's insignia is the Meritorious Service Medal
that is used in the U.S. Armed Forces.
I received one of those when I retired from the Air Force. Hmmmm....can I be a honorary "SM" then?
smile.gif
Yeah, I know dream on....
smile.gif

The insignias are already up. Space Marshall is the only weird rank. The rest are patterns of gold bars.

These rank medal thingies are cool

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

And where's that rank chart?
smile.gif

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

People are talking about them more because they are new, soon the novelty will wear off and things will calm down (though they will be more interesting when someone hits a rank that's never been hit before...) The 'I've posted more than you have' debate happens on AGWC sometimes too
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

lol.... trends like these will burn out quite quickly, no doubt about that.

------------------
Member of BlackLance HQ

"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Ah excuse me people think we have lost the plot or something. I was talking about the insignia of the game, what each rank insignia of the characters in WCP are not the chat board.

Yeah, but you can't stop topic drift... It is an unstoppable force... There is also topic decay, but this isn't an example of that. Once a question is posted it must slowly drift away from the original topic until it is not recognizable, otherwise the universe will collapes (or so I am told
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I would really like to see the rank. How do you tell Navy from Space Forces etc? In reference to the Flag Ranks, someone told me that the cross thingie was the generic flag rank insignia and each square when colored represented a particular rank. If that true?

------------------
Founder of the Blacklance HQ

I think the ranks of the Navy are very similar to the Space Force ones. Both of them have the same patterns of bars, except that the bars for the Space Forces are golden and the bars for the Navy are silvery.

Just take a look at the rank insignia Eisen has in WC4. It looks just like the Colonel insignia from the Space Forces, just silvery. The same happens to the General and Admiral insignias.

PS (edited in): here are the ranks (some at least) for the Space Forces

2nd Lieutenant:
2ndlt.gif

1st Lieutenant:
1stlt.gif

Captain:
captain.gif

Major:
major.gif

Colonel:
colonel.gif

Lieutenant Colonel:
ltcol.gif

Brigadier General:
brig-gen.gif

Lieutenant General:
lt-gen.gif

Major General:
maj-gen.gif

General :
gen.gif

And this rank here probably belongs in the Navy:
Space Marshal :
space-marshal.gif

As for the ranks of the Navy, I don't know them. Perhaps someone in here remembers them...

If I said something blatantly wrong in here, feel free to correct.

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 18, 2000).]

Thanks klaus for the insignia.

What I dont get wasnt Hawk a colonel? Why was he wearing the insignia for a captain? Did they just have it the wrong way around or was I looking at it wrong. Blair had that cross thingy and the lieutant colonel insignia was he both or what. Have to admit they can be confusing when they are not consistent.

Hawk was a Lt. Colonel in WCIV, and a Colonel in Prophecy.

Naval Ranks are similar, but silver (and they have one additional type of bar, which I'll try and get a picture of for yall laster).

Note that the Space Marshall wears both the medal *AND* the standard Admiral's bars.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Back