infinite money exploit

Ghost

Emperor
''infinite money''

Place: New Detroit

I have a Tarsus and enough money to buy a Galaxy, sold all the Tarsus spare parts, wanted to sell the Tarsus but i can't do it so i bought the Galaxy (stock), MY FLEET apears in the ships vendor.
I tried to sell the Tarsus for 0,00 Credits, don't work, there is the option to ''buy'' it again (or maybe it is to change the Galaxy for your Tarsus, because you have 2 ships),[Edit money loop away, so others will not exploit it. We fixed this in codebase -hellcatv]

The "cost: 0" you see when selecting another ship in your fleet makes little sense until you look at the whole phrase. It is "transport cost: 0"

The cost of transporting your Tarsus to you is 0, as you were still on the same base you last flew the Tarsus to. Had you flown off in your new ship and wanted to "buy" your tarsus back, there would have been a shipping fee to bring it to the base you were currently at (would still be way cheaper than buying a new one)

I tried to sell the Tarsus for 0,00 Credits, don't work,
When you select a ship in your fleet, you can press the sell button to sell it off. You will get more for it than the transport cost ;) I guess it doesn't say anywhere exactly how much ATM. Anyway, what do you mean about it not working? Did the 'sell' button not respond? It works fine here.. if it doesn't it's obviously a bug :D

When you sell parts from your ship, that should be reflected in the serialized xml file. I believe the problem is that the xml files are not written until you save. The engine normally keeps track of what the ship has or what you sold until the xml file can be written, but when you switch to another ship I guess it forgets.. Sounds like the fix would be to write the xml file whenever you switch to another ship, we'll try to get that fixed before the next release.

Thanks for the report!

I tried to sell my Tarsus from ''My Fleet'' options tree.
Selected the Tarsus (while having the Galaxy) and pressed ''SELL'' and nothing happens, if i press ''BUY'' i switch ships. (if this only switches the ships maybe the buttons need a relabel? :))
No, i didn't tried to SELL-BUY in another system, will check that today.
There is a way to sell the Tarsus from ''My ship'' options?
Or should i go to Merchant->Light->Tarsus and check if there is an option to sell it?

That's what I was trying to say.. from 'my fleet', you should always be able to select a ship and press 'sell' to sell it. That works here. Not sure why it isn't there.

Thank you 100 times ghost! You identified a problem present in both normal Vega Strike (http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net) and shared code in the remake.

I've fixed it in the central codebase... you should see a fixed version when we release the newer Priv Remake.
Don't want any money loops for the rest of the folks here...

Well, the problem is with the Tarsus (the one that you have when start the game, don't know if it happens when every Tarsus that you buy) only, i can sell the Galaxy and the Centurion
it could be great if you add the price of the ship when you want to sell it.

Back