Improve Your State of Being With Wing Commander Music (November 4, 2020)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Welp, war with the Border Worlds has neither been declared nor averted yet, so while we all work to collectively get our heart rates under control, I thought some invigorating Wing Commander tunes might help serve as a nice distraction.

The remastered WC2 soundtrack by Jason Walton is always a favorite. Note there's a whole entire playlist embedded below.

Jason also made this tremenous Privateer soundtrack remaster. Also a playlist.

The Massed Bands of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines performing the Wing Commander Overture in concert here:

Several sample clips from George Oldziey's reorchestration.

A rousing take on the WC3 theme by Chris Kabigting.

A peppy upbeat take on the jazz music in the Victory's bar from George Oldziey's WC Jazz Album.

Your browser cannot play this file. Click here to download the track.

A beautiful rendition of the WC1 theme by Improbable Cadence.

There's a just a few that were top of mind. If I missed some good ones that you'd like to share, hit the Comment button and help your fellow Wingnuts out! You can find tons more Wing Commander music here.

--
Original update published on November 4, 2020

I know everyone tends to prefer on-line sharing platforms these days, but I've always preferred music that can be downloaded separately, especially not tied to videos.

Anyway, I still remember Team Fat's arrangement of the original Wing Commander opening scene:

I know everyone tends to prefer on-line sharing platforms these days, but I've always preferred music that can be downloaded separately, especially not tied to videos.

Anyway, I still remember Team Fat's arrangement of the original Wing Commander opening scene:

The surf theme's a good one. And most all of the music I posted has downloadable options via the hyperlinks in the post. Anyone who needs that option can get it. But we've found the vast majority of people just want to listen to a little bit in a browser without having to unzip files and associate them with a music player. A pretty large fraction of our traffic now comes via mobile devices where that's especially the case.

That surf theme is amazing, I still love this immensely. Thanks for the other links, I have not encountered that WC2 remaster by Jason Walton.

Yeah, it's really good. I go back to it once in a while and it's just a blast every time.

Back