IMPORTANT: Standoff Episode 5 patch 1.26 now available

Eder

Mr. Standoff
A patch is now available via the launcher's auto-update system. If you have it enabled, just start your Standoff launcher while connected to the internet and follow the directions to install the patch. The file is only available via the auto-update system right now.

Here is a list of issues which should be fixed:
- ATI cards should now be able to use the new shaders effects (Enhanced Lighting and HDR)
- Fixed one cause for crashes that could appear in several different occasions throughout the game
- Fixed a specific problem that caused the Crossbow rescue mission in Episode 5 to crash
- Existing score-enabled Simulator missions are once again score-enabled
- Fixed an issue with the Lionheart's hangar room in widescreen mode
- Fixed some spelling mistakes in subtitles
- Other minor fixes

We ask everyone to please update their games, and to keep reporting any issues (including any problems you may have with the things which we believe we have fixed). Please make sure you are using the latest drivers for your video card.

Yes, please everyone check this out. We've made a bunch of fixes but still need info about some of the other crashes. They are being a real pain in the ass to track down...also take note that we are aware of all the bugs posted on the CZ...so look first to see if what you are seeing has been reported already. We add all the events we see here to our Bugzilla.

They'll be another patch soon as well...we are going to continue to push forward until we've got everything corrected...and then give the bonus of all sim missions being scoreable...oh and maybe one or two more surprises :p

EDIT: Also, this patch fixes the
Arrow count bug
that occurs on the Ep5 losing path. You will now be able to complete
Flight of the Arrow

Auto updater isn't working under wine. Not sure why.
I used a few windows DLLs to manage the download, so it's quite possible you don't have the necessary ressources under Wine. We'll let this update in the wild for a bit and then reupload the full Episode 5 installer for people unable to use the autoupdate feature for one reason or another, sorry for the inconvenience.

- Existing score-enabled Simulator missions are once again score-enabled
Please note that even if the scores are getting sent to the CIC now, tehy are not yet shown on the scoreboards; we need to setup things with Kris first, but your scores are not getting lost in the void, they're just not displayed yet.

Thanks a lot for the Patch!

Looks like i only get crashes when i got bloom (HDR) on, might be because i also got 8x AA, lots of games don't support AA and HDR, will test that tomorrow.

Still looks and plays awesome without HDR!

Thanks a lot for the Patch!

Looks like i only get crashes when i got bloom (HDR) on, might be because i also got 8x AA, lots of games don't support AA and HDR, will test that tomorrow.

Still looks and plays awesome without HDR!

Same, only crashes for me right now when HDR is on. Does so... eh, 5 - 10 minutes into any given mission. If the mission's short enough I can get through it without a crash though!

Memory bug still present

Thank you for the patch, but as you're probably aware the memory bug is still alive and kicking. I've already suffered a few crashes since installing the patch.

Restarting before every mission and lowering the detail level/res still seems to help. But the biggest and best missions are still a pain in the ass because you can't see them at their most beautiful, and most of those missions are the hardest in the game. So in many cases the only way I have been unable to advance in the game is during a perfect storm of good flying and crash-free gameplay.

Hey I'm still getting the crashes too. I assume its still the memory bug. The game just crashes but interesting I still need to close Standoff in Window Task Manager not in the Applications menu but the Processes. If I don't manually exit from their it seems to interfere with other programs ie web pages won't load...

Wow, that was fast. :) I may actually force myself to make some flying time available some time this week. Great work, everyone!

Still crashing here. Also, I'm still getting abysmal performance at the start of the first flight of a session. Sometimes, it clears up on its own, in which case subsequent flights are fine till it crashes, sometimes the session is a wash. Haven't had it work properly since patching - but restricting affinity to one core fixes it.

So....I assume that since you just released this patch, that a patch to fix the memory bug is still a ways off. Any idea about WHEN? I was hoping it was forthcoming soon.

We have been working on it non-stop since prior to release. It should be out soon, it's just a matter of finding the culprits and fixing them.

Our Bugzilla has been extremely busy for the last 3 weeks...on average I wake up every morning with at least 10 new emails coming through...so we are definitely devoted to getting everything fixed for everyone.

THX!!!

Alright, Enchanced Lightning works now. However, HDR effects still make everything BLACK.
Using an ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2, still on CCC9.7 (9.8 is supposed to be released in the next days).
Seeing JumpEffects too now.

Now remember to rebalance that second-to-last prologue mission yes? Give those damn pirates some less deadlier weapons, that base assault mission is THE MOST DIFFICULT ONE in the game.
(Playing on Hero and finished EP5 yesterday)

Thanks for the hard work. Standoff was the best damn idea in the history of the universe. Would it help for us crashers to provide more specific details about the crashes here in the conference? Or would that be a waste of time?

Back