I'm proud of myself.

Raptor_Pilot

Rear Admiral
I was over on Yahoo, doing some random stuff, when I came across a question on Yahoo Answers.
Some woman was asking about whether she could find a man with a very specific set of qualities. She had them laid out in an itemised list with short explanations of each one. This is my answer to her question, and should also serve as a historical document to be presented to each of your girlfriends/wives.

You'll thank me when you are done reading this:

--Motivation: All guys have this. Just make sure to support him when he goes to accomplish his goals. There is nothing worse for a guy than a woman who thinks she takes precedence over every single thing in his life.

--Sense of Style: All guys have this as well. Your problem is that you don't like his sense of style. Men wear clothing and such, not because it looks good, but because they like it.

--Etiquette: Bread plates are retarded, there is no difference between a salad fork and a dinner fork they are both forks, and putting a napkin into your lap is only necessary if you don't know how to eat properly. Your standards here are completely unreasonable. Proper etiquette to a guy is bathing and shaving daily, wearing clean clothes, and trying not to fart in public.

--Something I lack:
QUOTE: ("It's boring to me to always impress guys. I do like talking about myself, and I feel pretty confident about many experiences I have had in life, but it would be pretty neat to hear about yours as well!" )

Maybe if you shut up and listened for more than five minutes you might get somewhere. All guys have some achievement or ability they are proud of. It's only your personal opinion that makes you unimpressed. Personally, I race cars, and know how to fly an airplane, but if you don't care about stuff like that, then you will remain unimpressed.

--Intelligence:
QUOTE: ("Lack of grammar is my biggest pet peeve.")
It's mine too, but this is the internet, a lack of grammar has become standard operating procedure. Just remember, typing and speaking have nothing to do with each other.

--Common interests: You need to let it go. Enjoy conversations with different people with different views as a chance to learn something. Not everything has to be torture, but you do that to yourself.

--Spontaneous:
QUOTE: ("Certainly I am not saying go out and spend oodles of money on David Yurman jewelry.")
Yes you are. You want your man to buy you stuff, even if it's for no reason. Why don't you be spontaneous and buy him a gift or something? He probably already pays for your dates, so why not do something for him? Love is about giving, not receiving. When a guy takes you out to a fancy restaurant and a movie, he is giving you a gift. Maybe you should reciprocate.

--Organization:
QUOTE: ("If you want to make plans for the night, I will definitely let you take over, since it will be nice to be relieved from that responsibility, but I am certainly not going to want to go to Wendy's for dinner when I wanted to go to Gold Coast for dinner.")
I don't know where to start. If you wanted to go to Gold Coast for dinner you should have said so. If you ended up at Wendy's for dinner, then obviously whatever plan the guy had failed miserably. You want the guy to be spontaneous but he also must have a plan. That is a contradiction. Sometimes the best nights out happen when there is no plan. Have you ever just walked around town and looked for things to do?
Murphy's Law #1 No plan survives first contact with the enemy.

--Outgoing: Sometimes guys are shy. Sometimes he simply has nothing to say. Sometimes it's inappropriate to talk. If a guy has not been in many relationships, or has been in a bad relationship, he will tend to be shy at first. There are different levels of "Outgoing" from "Introverted and Reflective" to "Annoying and Loud". It's up to you to decide, but be careful what you wish for.

--Trust: If you tell your man that you are going out with your girlfriends, and he doesn't ask any questions, then he is as trusting as any man will ever get.
If you go to a party, get drunk, and "accidentally" have sex with someone else, he will never trust you again.

So to answer your original question, no it's not too hard to find a guy who has all of those qualities. You just don't understand men at all.

Source(s):
My mighty manly brain, and nine years of experience. Also, my eyes, and my amazing situational awareness.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Well there it is, I'm very proud of it.

Reading this reminded me of a nickname/title I got back in high school.... "The Doctor Phil of Dating."

Don't be too proud dude. I was voted most likely to be the first to get married (unofficial poll) in HS... well that didn't happen. In fact I'm one away from being the last. Which to be honest, after my last disaster, is ok with me.

Raptor_pilot is nine years of age. This explains why his ideas are wrong and this thread blows harder than Brian Singer out the Enterprise viewscreen.

Raptor sez:
"--Spontaneous:
QUOTE: ("Certainly I am not saying go out and spend oodles of money on David Yurman jewelry.")
Yes you are. You want your man to buy you stuff, even if it's for no reason. Why don't you be spontaneous and buy him a gift or something? He probably already pays for your dates, so why not do something for him? Love is about giving, not receiving. When a guy takes you out to a fancy restaurant and a movie, he is giving you a gift. Maybe you should reciprocate."

Well, I gotta say, you dropped the ball on this one. The payoff the REAL guy wants is obviously sex. That's what they put out all that money.

Back