I'm A Little Tea-Pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
Death to WCM

Here are my reasons why the wcm is not canon.

1.) The ranks are wrong, Angel is a LT. Commander which isn't even equivilent to captian, its major.

2.)Where are Iceman and Knight and Spirit

3.)Bossman dies before the movie starts yet according to WC1, dies in SM1

4.) Wheres Halycon.

5.) " The Tiger Claw" looks nothing like WC1 variant.

6.) The concordia appears even though she was supposedly built 8 years later. I mean the WCM people meant it to be the same ship as WC2. Whats the likelyhood of Tolwyn getting command of both.

7.)No Hornets, Scims, or Raptors and the Rapier looks nothing like the WC1.

8.) Paladin is a "Commodore" not a major and he commands a dilligent.

9.) Skippers 15 years before there intro in WC3

Tell me if i'm missing anything.

God damn.. every one of these has been answered a hundred times. I have half a mind to just close this, but since it looks like I might have the first reply.. what the hell.

1) Ranks change and transfer all the time, even in the games

2) Absence of characters is by no means any reason to exclude something from canon. Where's Hawk in WC1 on the Claw? Prophecy tells us he was lurking there.

3) Bossman turns up actually being alive (to be killed not too long later). Similar to what happens to Knight in the movie.

4) This is the same exact point as number 2.

5) The look of ships, even the same ships, changes dramatically in every product.

6) The movie Concordia isn't supposed to be the same at all. She's a Cruiser in the movie.. followed by the Dreadnought Concordia in the next decade.

7) Hornets are in the movie.. your point about the Scimitars and Raptors is exactly the same as in #2. The Rapier is a completely different fighter in the movie.

8) See #1. Paladin goes off to do special covert civilian-type stuff several other times in the games and novels. It's entirely in-character for him to be who he is in the movie.

9) This is the reverse of #2. We know Kilrathi have stealth technology in fighters very shortly after this.. it's no surprise smaller lower tech bombs incorporate it months prior to fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back