IFF files?

BES

Spaceman
How do I open IFF files?

I know about the IFF extractor thing,but the one I have does not work,it still needs to be compiled, since I know nothing about programming mybe someone has one that already works they would like to send to me, I need it to open up the model files from Wing Commander 3.

To open IFF files from later games, there is a mission compiler called WCPPASCAL. It can decompile IFF Files from later games, but I am not so sure about the earlier games.

I know it can open IFF files from the earlier games, but it is not in the same format.

I don't have a working IFF Extractor. I could try and compile it, then send it to you.

Yeah I used the WCP one it works great,but its not working with some of the WC3 and 4 files,im just going to work with what I got and I did a huge search online and found a rather large ship database with downloadable ships on it that I have asked permission to use in my mod.

I also found a cool IFF model plug-in for 3D Exploration that works quite well to open the models up,then it tells me what textures(.BMPs) are missing,so I found something to extract those,then convert the model to .3DS,then convert it to .NIF with Milkshape3D(with some model tweaking/cleaning),clean up the textures and convert them to .TGA(from 256x256 256colors .BMP to 32bit 800x800 or 256x256 .TGA with clearifying and retexture sharpen etc.) so they can be read by the game(Bridge Commander).

Back