if you could design a wing commander game

What do you mean with tactic? The aspect of getting to know me???*LOL* Then he should have followed with 'Hey, sorry. Didn't want to,...*' but he went away and I lay on the floor...or the tactic to drink? He was able to go away immidiately.
And that with the holidays is very bad...less than here etc. But I was also unhappy, because all people had Monday free, just me not.
And my school ends beginning of July...to begin middle August again. And then really hard...:(

Originally posted by Manjana
What do you mean with tactic? The aspect of getting to know me???*LOL
And my school ends beginning of July...to begin middle August again. And then really hard...:(

Well I meant nothing :)...

the NRW dates are actually interesting, an old friend of mine is living in NRW so I was interested how long their holidays lasted, but it is roughly the same as here in Denmark.

Partys and flying don't fit to each other. In many ways...

Just like cars, you shouldnt be behind the controls of an aircraft if your drinking or get behind the controls after a party. Shame on you!! ;) Here in the states, FAA regulations prohibit any kind of beverage with intoxicating elements in the cockpit, even private craft. Its generally unacceptable in the pilot community, and many will act as "whistle blowers" if they catch you or hear of you flying around with a beer in hand. Your liscense would get pulled so fast it be like a massive downdraft and yank your wings right off! Unlike in a car, you cant just pull over when you start to feel light headed. I hope you are cautious and use the brain case when you get behind those controls after a party.

RFB

I do it mostly in the whole club! Last year: Party on Saturday, Flying on Sunday! All youths drank (some so much they weren't able any more to walk in a line), I drank nothing, went to bed at 2/3 o'clock, slept till 9. Was too tired , thought so you can't go in an airplane...all other went to the club and flew, I went home to bed! And that party I drank nothing, because I wanted to fly next day, but I also couldn't because I was not able to fly with my knee...so I also could have drank Alk! So is it always. There's always a reason I don't fly if I go to a party even if I didn't drink..:(
(BTW: I know you just joked! So don't tell me I am too serious...). Oh and the restrictions are also hard in Germany...but which license? I don't have one, because I am still flight-student...

Well it applies to all levels of liscense. Of course I was joking. But flying under the influence is no joke. Im sorry about your knee, I hope its better so you can get back behind the controls.

The FAA is very very strict about drinking & flying. Me personally, I dont drink, but I dont see too much of a problem when its "social" drinking. A majority of the pilots I personally know, when they plan to fly, they stay away from the booze and parties. If you have passengers, they can drink all they want. But keep that booze out of the cockpit for your safety and the safety of your passengers. I dont like having passengers on board that are drunk, they cause too much distraction. Especially in the cessna or any plane without a cockpit compartment with a door. But when the flying is over for the day, you bet alot of pilots hit the clubs and beer joints and have a blast!

RFB

I know. We have a general sentence: 24 hours before the flight no Alk.. they changed it in 24 metres beside the airplane no Alk. It is also just foolish, but some pilots handle it very easy. There you're right. And you really needn't tell me that I shouldn't drink before flying/ later: driving. I don't enjoy alcohol so much that I must drink on a party. I can also have fun without.:)

I know. We have a general sentence: 24 hours before the flight no Alk.. they changed it in 24 metres beside the airplane no Alk. It is also just foolish, but some pilots handle it very easy. There you're right. And you really needn't tell me that I shouldn't drink before flying/ later: driving. I don't enjoy alcohol so much that I must drink on a party. I can also have fun without.:)

Isn't there a strict control in your club about this? I mean a crashed sailplane is rather expensive... (not to talk about the people)

I personally think driving (or flying) when drunk is completely stupid (and expensive, here in DK we have to make the checkride again if we lose our driving license... costs 500 dollars)

But gute Besserung for your knee.

Though sometimes. But really think about: If the whole youths drank at the evening before and don't come at morning, the club would brake together. Alone, the adults won't be enough at all to pull the planes on the airfield. We are the power. And the flight teachers know this and let them also fly with rest alcohol in blood. And most of them fly alone, so nobody smells it.
Of course sailplanes are expensive, but they aren't so drunk any more and can control their risk. It's their thing. They must know whether they can or better let it. But we all know it isn't good if one crashes and later the doctors find 1,0 promille in his body...for him, the liary flight teacher and the whole club.
Und danke für die guten Wünsche. Es geht schon besser..

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Didn't we learn our lesson in WC3?
You're talking about the mission after you decided to get drunk (when you learned of Angel's death)? IMO the cutscenes you get upon successfully completing the mission, while enjoyable to watch, should have been cut in favor of the Hobbes Explanation. I tried playing that mission (after rejecting Rachel's deciding to get drunk) and, again IMO, the only way to beat that thing is by cheating. Even when I made my craft invulnerable it was near impossible to get anything more than one shot off on a target before losing flight control (due to alcohol). My point is, why spend the time/money on FMV scenes that can only be seen by cheating!?!

Excuse me LOAF, not that I doubt you, but how? I tried it several times and even when I sparingly used my missiles it was an exercise in futility. While I didn't take time to count the number of enemies, it seemed like there were more ships to fight than I had missiles. I would only get a bead on a ship long enough to get off one laser shot before losing control and by the time I reacquired the ship his shields had recovered. If someone did win it, it must have been an exceedingly long and frustrating mission. I was playing at Ace level - maybe you're talking about Easy level?.

I'm... not really sure what I'm doing differently from you -- it just never struck me as being imipossible.

Maybe LOAF's just a better pilot...

I usually play on Ace. I won the mission drunk...though I had those big blotches on the screen that means you're in deep. (You know! Those little things on the windscreen! Those little bumps!)

Even when you're not drunk, the mission is hard. I found it harder NOT drunk...whenever I fired drunk, I'd go off spinning...so whenever I was fired on, I fired myself...and went into "evasive manuvers" :)

Kind of like drunken karate, like The Legend of the Drunken Master...you stumble like you're drunk, but you are actually performing a highly complex series of movements which cause incredible damage to the enemy. So...

The Legend of the Drunken Pilot

Those little "bumps" on your figher canopy window are hits from fire. Like rocks hitting a windshield of a car, leaves those little "bumps". What is amazing, is they hold up even tho there is pressure inside the cockpit. Can you imagine if one of those leaked, and getting sucked thru that tiny hole! It wouldnt be pretty!! :eek:

RFB

Those bumps were a pain in the ass. But it was fun to see the outside world so deformated through them. ;)
I never had the patience to fly that "drunk" mission and I did not want to beat it on the easiest level possible. Perhaps I'll try it next time.

I know what they're from, I just didn't know the technical word for the damn things.

Seeing those things means you're really, really screwed. The thing about WC3 is, you don't really notice you're damaged until those things appear on the screen. That sort of thing didn't happen in Prophecy...if your armor was taking hits, there was that screen shake and palette flash to warn you.

I guess a good technical word for the "bumps in the window" would be....chipped glass? I remember a huge one right in the center of the window! My gun sights went from normal size to almost covering the entire front of the window! But at least the reticule still indicated a targeted bogie! Just couldnt see it very well!

RFB

[Edited by RFBurns on 05-03-2001 at 16:39]

Back