if you could design a wing commander game

In the movie, they refer to the Kilrathi as "Kilwrathi..." but then, I don't want to bring the movie into this thread...

No... "Kilwrathi" is how the emperor from The Life of Brian would pronounce it... ;)

Ask TyeDyeBoy for details on the matter... :D
(or read the "Smile :)" thread...)

I didn't know you can think so much about...for me the Kilrathi are the Kilrathi.:) And they'll stay...however they write themselves.

If theres any difference in the games or movie, its because of how the actors pronoucned it, not because it was changed from Kilrathi in any way.

since we are on the topic of the movie, did anyone hink the kilrathi costumes were silly
i hated the ones in wc4 because they looked manky, but the movie they looked like reptiles

long live the wc2 Kilrathi
actually though the wc1 kilrathi looked stupid too

i supose that i just prefer wc2 cos its the first wc i played

I too always preferred the WC1/2 Kilrathi, mostly for reasons of nostalgia :). But I must add, the WC3/4 Kilrathi both had a charm of their own. I was never really bothered by the fact that they were puppets - I just thought it was great to see human actors being able to actually touch the Kilrathi (possible, but harder had CGI Kilrathi been added in). And their lip-sync wasn't half-bad either.

As for the movie Kilrathi, not even Roberts was happy with them, but alas, low-budget made a redesign impossible :(. It's not just the looks that bothered me, though - the way they moved wasn't particularly graceful either. Still, even these hairless critters have a certain charm, after you've watched the movie enough times ;-).

The WC3 ones never struck me as being particularly fake... but, apparently, it bugged the heck out of Chris Roberts.

What I couldn't figure out was why they didn't use the same puppet from WC3 in WC4 - ie Melek? The costume in WC3 looked pretty good actually, while WC4 looked like something right out of The Neverending story!?! Did they give the original away between the games?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Because Roberts didn't think he'd got the right look for the FMV Kilrathi yet.
You're saying that he was still experimenting? Personally, I much preferred the Kilrathi of WC3 - they looked much more intimidating/fearsome. Melek in WC4 looked silly - like one of the Muppets.

Back