If there was a new Wing Commander game?

You mean like these?

I was thinking something more 'black opsy'. No squad markings, no ConFed insignia. I figure that post War the HellCat (and probably stuff like the Tigershark and BearCat) would be exports that Confed would well off to the Border Worlds, private companies, and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking something more 'black opsy'. No squad markings, no ConFed insignia. I figure that post War the HellCat (and probably stuff like the Tigershark and BearCat) would be exports that Confed would well off to the Border Worlds, private companies, and the like.
we're derailing the thread but PM me with what you had in mind and I might find some time to do another texture.

I've been musing about a limited comic in the early war.. something with tolwyn as a young man? I guess I could share some story ideas and concept junk over then next quite a while? :p

I've been musing about a limited comic in the early war.. something with tolwyn as a young man? I guess I could share some story ideas and concept junk over then next quite a while? :p

by all means. I'd love to see the Fandom expand beyond game mods particularly into areas like comics and the like. So a fan made comic based on the early days of the Kilrathi War sounds like it'd be a cool deal. Maybe plant some hints and ideas about what would ultimately lead to the Towlyn we saw in Wing Commanders 3 and 4.

I don't remember if I ever told you (or anyone) an idea I've had for continuing Prophecy story.

I want to know the history of Nephilim and my idea is that they were originally a peaceful, civilized race that then encountered the primitive Kilrathi. In attempt to help them develop, they gave them space faring and other technologies, which the Kilrathi then weaponized to nearly wipe out the entire species. The last remaining Nephilim used a desperate newly developed warp technology to escape and their vengeful descendants devolved into what we see now.
They believe Blair, due obvious reasons, is the perfect warrior/weapon against the Kilrathi and create an army of his clones intended to wipe out the Kilrathi. In a game this would send player to a mission in Nephilim territory to rescue Blair because for whatever crazy scifi reason his brainwaves are needed to paralyze the clone army or something.

I would also like to see a Wing Commander zero, events on Tiger's Claw before WC1.

im all for remakes bc if they suck who cares we stll got the original. Plus every once in a while I think they are great, for example in movie form I like the original true Grit with john wayne but I love the remake of the movie with jeff bridges.

The 2640s just scream to be covered in a game...mostly blank canvas with some good anchor events to build around....
New Standoff series idea! (Though I doubt it hasn't passed everyone's mind)

The events leading up to, during, and after Custer's Carnival are just begging to be flown.

To jump back to the original topic...

You know, I think I'd like something set after the Kilrathi/Human War. A little obvious, but perhaps the two species have an uneasy alliance or truce, having to deal with a new threat. That'd allow them to work with what's gone before but not try to re-create it.

They could do a flat reboot of course but I'm sick of those.

I want to know the history of Nephilim and my idea is that they were originally a peaceful, civilized race that then encountered the primitive Kilrathi

Some of the docs about the making of WCP deal with this to a degree, not that they ever encountered the Kilrathi, but the Nephilim are merely a thrall race of a much larger villain species that actually controls the gate technology. They've been watching the Kilrathi for some time as a new potential warrior race and were thrown for a loop a bit when humanity defeats them. As they are no longer worthy, the master race sends the Nephilim to eradicate the last of the failures, again, not counting on the humans (the non-aligned) to get in the way and stop them.

I would be happy with:

1. A remake of WC1. The first game had no real character development and a very thin plot. So I think I would be okay with this. Would love to explore the Tiger's Claw of course.

2. A "special edition" of WC3. Leave all the live action elements in of course, but modernize the gameplay and replace all the CGI backgrounds with modern graphics.

3. Privateer 3. Set in the chaotic times after WCP on the border with the Kilrathi Union of Clans. Maniac retires from Confed and you play as him. Get Tom Wilson back to do his voice! I want to fight space pirates, kirathi, and nephilim! The one no-no would be that I can't have Maniac become a criminal in it and fight Confed.

4. A direct sequel to WCP, preferably where you play as a Kilrathi. Keep the franchise moving forward.

I don't want a new game with new characters set during the Kilrathi War. Our modding community has already given us those games. No prequels!!!!! NO PREQUELS!!!!!!

And NO REBOOTS, NO ALTERNATE TIMELINES. None of that crap.

Last edited:
Some of the docs about the making of WCP deal with this to a degree, not that they ever encountered the Kilrathi, but the Nephilim are merely a thrall race of a much larger villain species that actually controls the gate technology. They've been watching the Kilrathi for some time as a new potential warrior race and were thrown for a loop a bit when humanity defeats them. As they are no longer worthy, the master race sends the Nephilim to eradicate the last of the failures, again, not counting on the humans (the non-aligned) to get in the way and stop them.
Where can I get these WCP docs that go into the Nephilim more?

And NO REBOOTS, NO ALTERNATE TIMELINES. None of that crap.

Agreed.

Prequels in a universe just make a mess of the continuity; I can stick my head in the sand up to a point but prequels always pass this point and make me care about the franchise as a whole less.

Reboots of a franchise I care about less than the a brand new IP. I see why studios do it; it has brand awareness, you will hear about it - and you don't have to work so hard to get new fans on board... but I definitely prefer the Doctor Who route.

EDIT: Ahh, I said exactly the same thing 3 years ago :p

Last edited:
Back