If there was a new Wing Commander game?

Discussion in 'General Wing Commander Chat' started by Adm_maverick, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Bandit LOAF

Bandit LOAF Long Live the Confederation!

I can look around! I used it in the pitch for (...ugh) a Facebook game some years back and I know we filled out some details.

2. DefianceIndustries

DefianceIndustries Captain

I'd love to see that as well please, for my own selfish modding purposes...

3. Adm_maverick

Adm_maverick Rear Admiral

I'm thinking it could be the subject for a series (Hint hint: DefI, I may be talking to you about building new models sometime down the line). Be nice to see some High def HellCats maybe.

4. DefianceIndustries

You mean like these?

5. Adm_maverick

I was thinking something more 'black opsy'. No squad markings, no ConFed insignia. I figure that post War the HellCat (and probably stuff like the Tigershark and BearCat) would be exports that Confed would well off to the Border Worlds, private companies, and the like.

6. DefianceIndustries

we're derailing the thread but PM me with what you had in mind and I might find some time to do another texture.

7. Adm_maverick

I donno if we're really de-railing the thread. I'd say we got handed an idea for a new game/story and we're talking about it.

8. Ghost

Ghost Emperor

I would like something before WCI, like the first years of the War.

Dundradal and LeHah like this.
  9. NinjaLA

NinjaLA Alex Von T.

I've been musing about a limited comic in the early war.. something with tolwyn as a young man? I guess I could share some story ideas and concept junk over then next quite a while? :p

FekLeyrTarg and Klavs81 like this.
  10. Adm_maverick

by all means. I'd love to see the Fandom expand beyond game mods particularly into areas like comics and the like. So a fan made comic based on the early days of the Kilrathi War sounds like it'd be a cool deal. Maybe plant some hints and ideas about what would ultimately lead to the Towlyn we saw in Wing Commanders 3 and 4.

11. Kaunisto

Kaunisto Commodore

I don't remember if I ever told you (or anyone) an idea I've had for continuing Prophecy story.

I want to know the history of Nephilim and my idea is that they were originally a peaceful, civilized race that then encountered the primitive Kilrathi. In attempt to help them develop, they gave them space faring and other technologies, which the Kilrathi then weaponized to nearly wipe out the entire species. The last remaining Nephilim used a desperate newly developed warp technology to escape and their vengeful descendants devolved into what we see now.
    They believe Blair, due obvious reasons, is the perfect warrior/weapon against the Kilrathi and create an army of his clones intended to wipe out the Kilrathi. In a game this would send player to a mission in Nephilim territory to rescue Blair because for whatever crazy scifi reason his brainwaves are needed to paralyze the clone army or something.

I would also like to see a Wing Commander zero, events on Tiger's Claw before WC1.

12. Jdawg

Jdawg 2nd Lieutenant

im all for remakes bc if they suck who cares we stll got the original. Plus every once in a while I think they are great, for example in movie form I like the original true Grit with john wayne but I love the remake of the movie with jeff bridges.

13. Dundradal

Dundradal Frog Blast the Vent Core!

The 2640s just scream to be covered in a game...mostly blank canvas with some good anchor events to build around....

14. Whistler

Whistler Commodore

New Standoff series idea! (Though I doubt it hasn't passed everyone's mind)

The events leading up to, during, and after Custer's Carnival are just begging to be flown.

FekLeyrTarg likes this.
  15. iiago

iiago Spaceman

To jump back to the original topic...

You know, I think I'd like something set after the Kilrathi/Human War. A little obvious, but perhaps the two species have an uneasy alliance or truce, having to deal with a new threat. That'd allow them to work with what's gone before but not try to re-create it.

They could do a flat reboot of course but I'm sick of those.

16. DefianceIndustries

Some of the docs about the making of WCP deal with this to a degree, not that they ever encountered the Kilrathi, but the Nephilim are merely a thrall race of a much larger villain species that actually controls the gate technology. They've been watching the Kilrathi for some time as a new potential warrior race and were thrown for a loop a bit when humanity defeats them. As they are no longer worthy, the master race sends the Nephilim to eradicate the last of the failures, again, not counting on the humans (the non-aligned) to get in the way and stop them.

17. Dundradal

Dundradal Frog Blast the Vent Core!

Could always go back a few hundred years and do the first Kilrathi-Mantu War...... :p

NinjaLA likes this.