If a new WC was made, should it be based on the movie or current game series?

Originally posted by Pedro

Allow me to restate my point so you can understand it:
PLAYING CHESS IS INDICATIVE OF ALREADY BEING SMART.
Either that or you didn't read my post
I've been reading them. I've been involved in community service for a long time, and I can tell you that everyone I've encountered from the Boys and Girls club on up to my local nursing homes, people of all ethnicities, up-bringings and IQs enjoy checkers and chess. It's a game. Sure, people who play it competitively are usually fairly intelligent, but people who play professional sports are pretty buff, and that doesn't make every tom dick and harry who likes rugby a muscle-man, now does it? And sure, LOAF is being a little harsh, but maybe you ought to read your own posts— this started off with you flaming anime(and one of my posts, actually, so you ought really to be atacking my integrity.) You are very insensitive to other people's interests, and in a chat community, I might think that should give people the right to be mad at you, IMO. Intelligence(in my country) is not measured by one's spatial ability, but rather by their accumulated knowledge. Chess, of course, is not a standardized test... It's a spatial mind game, like a jig-saw puzzle. Almost all of the autistic or down-syndrome kids I've helped out in community service(the ones with motor skills advanced enough to hold a chess piec) play excellent chess.

Lelapinmechant I'm beggining to think this has more to do with having spent 90% in school, and groups are formed and people in certain groups don't 'admit' to certain intrests *curses at high school*, eh never was one to deny when I could be wrong (problem with LOAFs arguments is they were arguing against something I wasn't saying)

Originally posted by Ghost
Playing chess with yourself is good!

You always win...and you always loose ;)

... and when I am done contemplating whether I won or lost, I catch a glance at my glass of water.

Having drunk from it, I ponder- "Is this glass half full? Is this glass half empty?"

The mind truly boggles....

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Having drunk from it, I ponder- "Is this glass half full? Is this glass half empty?"
A true WC fan would know that the glass is "running at about 50 percent right now" :p.

Lelapinmechant I'm beggining to think this has more to do with having spent 90% in school, and groups are formed and people in certain groups don't 'admit' to certain intrests *curses at high school*, eh never was one to deny when I could be wrong (problem with LOAFs arguments is they were arguing against something I wasn't saying)

Me thinks you just changed your song as soon as you realized you were wrong.

In the future, realize that you're wrong beforehand and we won't have any problems. :)

Heh, heh. Is that Maestro? Stupid idiot. How can he calculate damage so accurately? More to the point, how can you have a 'smart idiot'? :)

Originally posted by Col.Dom

The mind truly boggles....

Doesn´t matter if the glass is half full or half empty... how fast you can *drain* it.... is what really matters. ;)

I changed my song and THEN admitted I was wrong? :rolleyes:

'admitted' and 'realized are not synonyms -- in the same matter that 'as soon as' and 'then' do not mean the same thing.

Scroll down LOAF, I know it might be difficult but you'll see it there as plain as day, I believe I even used a phrase along the lines of "I can admit when I'm wrong" your problem is that you can't let it go, you were constantly putting words in my mouth and I spent the entire time clarifying and repeating, repeating and repeating in more and more simple terms hoping you'd eventually understand what I said, or atleast give up making out that I was calling everyone who didn't play chess mentally unfit to handle heavy machinery.

Fortunatley people came in and gave good examples of cases disproving my ACTUAL point with examples such as the insane borther and the entire population of old folks homes, this is when I changed my opinion and openly admitted to this and therefore being wrong.

If everyone was right instantly there'd be nothing to talk about but if no one tried to put words in other peoples mouths so they could have an argument they felt like having on a different subject then there might be peace in the world :)

Also since I stated a realization here, openly that would be an admission would it not? :rolleyes:

Eh gad! Was I trying?

I state things how they are, you know, the truth, facts without distortion to suit myself or anyone else? No wait you wouldn't get that :rolleyes:

Eh gad! Was I trying?

I state things how they are, you know, the truth, facts without distortion to suit myself or anyone else? No wait you wouldn't get that :rolleyes:

Isn't this contradictory to your claims that you already admitted you were wrong (but that it was the 'way' you were wrong that was right, or some similarly stupid nonsense)?

WC2 style with improved character models I could agree with :)

And LOAF I was mistaken, thats not called lying, bending the truth yadayadayada

Originally posted by Ghost
Doesn´t matter if the glass is half full or half empty... how fast you can *drain* it.... is what really matters. ;)
The engineer's mind would state that the glass is twice as big as it should be... :p

Back