Idea for side-story

CataclysmX

Rear Admiral
It would be amusing to do a version of the game following Maniac's life and seeing all his mishaps with squadrons and not following orders and all the shit he caused while Blair wasn't directly involved with him. Or one following Tolwyn and Bondarevsky. And the missions from Vance Richards that had Doomsday flying for them with Tolwyns Son.

I know there was the one featuring Bondarevsky from Secret Missions, but this simply IS NOT ENOUGH. I NEED MORE COVERAGE OF WING COMMANDER ARRGHHH...

*gives himself amnesia to play wc series from start again*

GOOD DAY.
[cx]/cataclysmx

i agree about Maniac... he was just great... he was played perfectly by Tom Wilson and the maniac character would always make me laugh... i like the part in the WC4 book where Balir sees Maniac kissing the side of his ship for good luck....

Tom Wilsons just great in general ("What are you lookin' at, Butthead?") But Maniac just amplifies the coolness.

I can't wait for the Back To The Future DVD set coming out in December... Wilson was so good in those movies... But in WC3 and WC4 he was fantastic... Maniac was good in WCP but not as funny...

You mean Wilson was good in WCP? :)

Where do you live? I'm quite sure I saw the Back to the Future DVD set for sale here in Australia already.

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

You crazy aussie blokes get to go "b-b-b-b-b-b-b back in time!" before I do!

:(

Yeah, one of my favorite parts about Maniac was when he would act or pretend like he thought the whole fighter pilot biz was just a game. For example, in WC3, where he says "Looks like we're taking the whole nebula package tour". or in WC4, when you jump into Peleus and the Interpid succumbs to the jamming, and he says "Can I get my money back for this tour?" I love that!

And speaking of playing from Maniac's point of view, I personally would love to see a campaign showing Maniac's exploits during the period between WC3 and WC4. Just what WAS he doing, anyway? Maybe he went back to being a test pilot?

Back