I want to start a WC project but it'll be massive....

Vermin

Spaceman
I have been troubled over the last year with visions....of a WC online game i would really like to oversee, basically i was thinking of getting the Quake 3 engine and mapping starship and models and stuff...(its really hard to explain...on paper but it is really really good in my head trust me) and fighter and having a pursitant ionline universe with people walking around the starships and fighter flying around doing mission...(having the usual WC enemies too Kilrathi and the Neplhim (yeap cant spell that) with people playing as them too) also privateers and pirates....the thing is getting help and time to do this....and if you guys would like this type of game?

VGTi

It sounds cool. But how would you fly missions using an FPS engine. Aside from Operation Flashpoint I don't know of any other engine that really supports aircraft\spacecraft in addition to an First person perspective.

Yeah the best thing about the Quake 3 engine is that it can support vechicles and expanded terrain...thanks to the lastest QIII powered shooter RED FACTION and ID's own Team Arena coding...:D i would need loads of help doing all this...i am really just a fan of WC with some good ideas not a mod maker :(

VGTi

I believe that idea is too ambitious for most mod-makers, or even professional designers, for that matter.

--Eder

um, man quake 3 while good, sucks for huge space combat..... we're already doing this sort of a project in Vegastrike. The project is called WC:U and if we can get someone to program the ground part, we'll add in first person shooter....

Thanks for the comments guys...it is really ambitious, but man would it be good (no-on has really tired space combat in QIII) the engine is capibleof most things, its a 2 year old engine which looks great and is easily edited (or so i have heard) it would be good in Vegastrike, but would thatbe online? i would love to see Massive Capships which people could walk around and interact with...in a pursitant world :D i dont think i will go about making it tho...i'll just roam around with these ideas forever in my head. :(

Maybe i should restart my WC script i started 3 years ago...hmmm...Online would have been fun tho

Cheers VGTi

quick OT: I don't believe Red Faction is Q3 powered.. I think it's its own engine. If you want an example of vehicles with Q3, look no further than q3 rally.

But, Vegastrike does look good so far, but Darkmage, someone really needs to redo Perry :D

Ground looks ok so far, but I haven't been able to test the ground vehicles yet, I'll just be waiting for 1.3..

YEap Red Factions is Q3 powered just uses the Geo Mod implement to do its renderinf (meaning hardly any curves but destructible arenas) :D

Q3 Rally is looking good tho...good point

VGTi

uh, dude, volition makers of red faction ALWAYS code their engines from scratch. that's why they always come out with level editors. There is no quake 3 engine in red faction...

:rolleyes: yeap sorry my mistake...it isnt the Quake 3 engine i read somewhere that it was but they were wrong...duh but still a WC mod (online only mod) could be made using the Geo Mod engine or tribes 2 engine as an alternative

VGTi

Back