I want to start a WC project but it'll be massive....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermin

Spaceman
I have been troubled over the last year with visions....of a WC online game i would really like to oversee, basically i was thinking of getting the Quake 3 engine and mapping starship and models and stuff...(its really hard to explain...on paper but it is really really good in my head trust me) and fighter and having a pursitant ionline universe with people walking around the starships and fighter flying around doing mission...(having the usual WC enemies too Kilrathi and the Neplhim (yeap cant spell that) with people playing as them too) also privateers and pirates....the thing is getting help and time to do this....and if you guys would like this type of game?

VGTi

Originally posted by Vermin
Neplhim (yeap cant spell that)
RTFM

One problem, there are large companies employing hundreds of veteran professional talent that couldn't do what you've proposed. I doubt any help you're gonna find here could. In any case, you lack the hardware infrastructure for that sort of undertaking, so whether or not it was ever put together as software, it'd never fly.

But hey, I can't stop you. Only common sense can do that.

It would have been good...(thats not all my ideas here....) the Quake III engine can support Vechicles and large Terrain Maps (capships) have i think it would be great to see real people walking aroiund interacting with other people and ships and stuff :D...(check the other thread i posted in the editing section) I think it is more than possible because what made me rethink about it was seeing a game using the Same basic ideas as my idea but using the UNREAL TOURNAMENT engine... (its called uspace and can be found at www.planetunreal.com) it has fighters and stuff but the Quake 3 engine can do this even better (with the likes of RED FACTION coding and Team Arena)

anyways...i'm not sure if i will continue...i dont think i would assemble a team to do this plus a lot of mod makers are busy :( it all depends on support and time now.

Cheers anyways

VGTi

well it has already happened for one series and it uses a Q3 engine too!
its called
Star Trek:Voyager Elite Force

if WC was EVER made like that! I'D BUY IT:cool:

Originally posted by dacis2
well it has already happened for one series and it uses a Q3 engine too!
its called
Star Trek:Voyager Elite Force

if WC was EVER made like that! I'D BUY IT:cool:

i agree with dacis, instead of fighters how about Terran marines vs kilrathi Vs nephilim not only is it about time to have a WC game that focuses on the ground fighting it would be intreasting with the weapons like mass driver flechette and neutron gattling guns and of course the kilrathi melee weapons and advanced bug tech, and diffrent enviroments such as repleetah, the diffrent cap ships and im sure some low grav and outer space battles maybe can be done also you should check out the new Lithtech engine used on AvsP 2 it looks like it would be better than the quake 3 engine

Originally posted by Deathscythe
i agree with dacis, instead of fighters how about Terran marines vs kilrathi Vs nephilim
I believe that one is already taken by WCMC, and anyone who's been paying attention will snicker at that.

They've been "developing" it now for years, but they only got as far as a screenshot of a red wall. WC fan projects, as a rule, suck, since they personify the term "vaporware."

*snickers*

Yeah, the WCMC has been around for a while. I think they have mroe than just a red wall though. Last one I saw was a brown wall with a red spot.....probably a kilrathi sign or something.....;)

Originally posted by Frosty

I believe that one is already taken by WCMC, and anyone who's been paying attention will snicker at that.

They've been "developing" it now for years, but they only got as far as a screenshot of a red wall. ]

i admit i havent been paying attention but if youd have been paying attention youd notice im new to this little corner of the web were you can spout drivel without offering any really useful information, kinda like the jerry springer show, and if they have been at it for "years" what stops some one a bit smarter and impatient from making a appetizer version, you know jsut something to hold us over till the real thing.
and one reason wc projects probally suck is that wc never came with a mission editor, like alot of games nowadays come with, thus your stuck with a bunch of geeks who are kinda sure what they are doing, and with no imagination making a video game . the other reason may be your just too much ass to appreciate what others are trying to do:eek:

Originally posted by WildWeasel
We've got a real winner here. We're going to have fun with you, Deathscythe. [/QUOTE\]

bring it ill slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the sea's will run red with the blood of my enimies...... :eek: sorry let me start over by apologizing for that and allow me to offer a peace offering to both frosty and weasel, i would like to extend my middle finger to you both and i hope you can see cause im doing it as hard as i can. :cool:

Guys, it's nice if you all read and understand the rules. There's even a nice button up at the top right that you can click on. Deathscythe, specifically, I point you toward this rule:

5) Since there are different people of different tastes and points of view, let's just say our opinions in a nice way and respect the others' reasonable opinions. Flames or other outright abusive language is not tolerated.

Thank you.

Guys, have fun, but be *somewhat* respectful when talking to each other.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back