I tried standoff again

Jdawg

Commodore
I went back and tried it again I cant get it to work with my controller. im using xpadder and it wont recognize the buttons I mapped to it. I tried everything I know including running xpadder as the admin

I'm glad you are giving it a chance again. There are so many cool mods, and Standoff is one of them, even though I personally don't like it that much.
As for your controller.... I can't give you any good advice, except perhaps buying a joystick. :D But Quarto or Dundradal may be able to help you soon.

Yeah, if it's not working with WCP/SO then it's something there. Have you tried different settings?

I'd look through the tech support forum here to see if anyone has posted solutions or workarounds.

First of all, make sure your joystick works.

Run "joy.cpl" from the command prompt, or the start/run menu(You are using microsoft windows, right?) If all your buttons and axes are recognized from that program, you can use the Standoff, or even SO to give you "basic controls". If the controls do not respond to joy.cpl, there is no way to use them to full functionality in standoff..

You are using Xpadder, so I asume you are using a gamepad from a a playstation3 or xbox360? I prefer to use joy2key, or ppjoy myself. Also, Windows has native support for the xbox360 controller.

First of all, make sure your joystick works.

Run "joy.cpl" from the command prompt, or the start/run menu(You are using microsoft windows, right?) If all your buttons and axes are recognized from that program, you can use the Standoff, or even SO to give you "basic controls". If the controls do not respond to joy.cpl, there is no way to use them to full functionality in standoff..

You are using Xpadder, so I asume you are using a gamepad from a a playstation3 or xbox360? I prefer to use joy2key, or ppjoy myself. Also, Windows has native support for the xbox360 controller.

I was using joytokey but unless I missed it there is no deadzone function so the ship would move right even after I let go of the stick on the controller. I tried calibrating it to no success . the controller worked fine in saga and wc2

I use xpadder with WCP/SO/Standoff , well I haven`t player for over a year but it works ok...the only problem is no matter what some buttons cant be assigned to whatever you want ,they are bind with their original commands (example ROLL,behind camera etc) , that is a WCP/SO mistake.

Back