I never thought I'd say this, but. . .

Wendy

Spaceman
Where are all the vessel scans? I haven't been "scanned" for a contraband search yet and I'm always carrying a pilot or three I've forgotten to free.

uh oh...hmmm
are you hostile with confed already?

maybe my fix for comms removed those...when did they last work? in 0.9 vanilla?

hellcatv said:
uh oh...hmmm
are you hostile with confed already?

maybe my fix for comms removed those...when did they last work? in 0.9 vanilla?

Yeah, but then they were rather pervasive. It seemed like every confed ship scanned you there. Militia weren't so pervasive. It was rather irritating in the remake, in the original game it was a one in ten or so kind of thing. In the remake, when one does it, you can sometimes count to ten minutes before they say the scan is complete and you may continue. It never really worked "right." And let's face it, you NEVER have just one Confed ship, it was more like 5 or 10 and ALL of them were scanning you every five seconds it seemed. Usually you were wrapped up in battle or readying for a jump and couldn't respond, anyway.

IN the original game there was a pause of about three to five heartbeats and they returned with an all clear. in 9 Vanilla it sometimes never happenned, but you were scanned, sometimes up to 10 times in five minutes, all in the same system at the same jump point DURING BATTLE with kilrathi! And I can promise you, my thoughts at the time were along the lines of "Yeah, sure, I'll keep going straight as an arrow, at a constant speed, with five Kilrathi trying to eat me for dinner. Get real and get on the stick, GIVE ME A HAND, not more problems!" To put it nicely.

Aha I found the problem... when Mamiya0taru changed the way cargo was classified he forgot to update the definitions of contraband.
I stopped factions from scanning if they had 0 applicable contraband items...
therefore-- no factions ended up scanning...

You can probably guess the location of the currently fixed units.csv though it's pretty well tested and the problem has been eliminated.
To add insult to injury, I decided to eliminate scans during battle with a common enemy. (i.e. confed won't scan you if he's fighting with someone other than you)

And lastly I found the problem with your enemies "talkin friendly".... apparently if you were TOO hostile to them, the hostility "wrapped around" and became friendliness...the reason I hadn't seen this is that in the starting game people were really friendly.
But now that I was testing with your game I rapidly saw some friendly comms from kilrathis... aha! problem solved... but only in an executable that I haven't compiled yet... guess that's saved for tomorrow

Doh.. well, glad you caught that one.

And LOL @ relations wrapping around. That is awesome. More awesome that it's fixed ;)

Back