i need help

RaptorAce99

Spaceman
in the mission "eye of the storm" i think right befoe the civ trasports jump out the UE keep crashing whats wrong with it? :confused:

Which transports? There are two groups, so telling us which jump ends in a crash might help us work out what's wrong. Also, if the game crashes with an error message of some kind, we need to know the error message too.

RaptorAce99 said:
in the mission "eye of the storm" i think right befoe the civ trasports jump out the UE keep crashing whats wrong with it? :confused:

The first group ends in crash i nv gotten to the 2nd group

and by the way whats does ue source code do?

RaptorAce99 said:
The first group ends in crash i nv gotten to the 2nd group
It might be what Lazy Panda said - you may be running UE without the SO speech pack installed. This causes a crash in some situations, because the transports use UE voiceovers together with SO's video files. The game doesn't mind it if there are no voiceover files, but it gets confused and dies if there are voiceovers but no video files.

RaptorAce99 said:
and by the way whats does ue source code do?

Nothing. It is there so that others could create something similar as UE without doing the same work again. The source code is NOT for players, it is for programmers.

If i should deciede to try to make a mod where you play as a nephilim.Which source code would i be best off with? UE or Standoff?

Dyret said:
If i should deciede to try to make a mod where you play as a nephilim.Which source code would i be best off with? UE or Standoff?
Hmm... that's a tough question. Well, let me think for a second... you can download the UE source code, while there is no way you could possibly get the Standoff source code.

Hmm.

...Yeah, all right. The choice is clear - the Standoff source code is what you should use.

More seriously, the real answer is that even if both UE and Standoff made their source code available, neither would be more useful than the other. The source code is only good as learning material - you can examine a mission that we made in order to work out how to make a similar mission yourself. You cannot, however, simply modify one of our missions to work for you - or rather, you can, but it would be an utter waste of time because it would be more work than writing the mission from scratch. So, the source code is not some kind of Holy Grail that will allow you to make any mod you want. The source code is just the world's most badly-written tutorial on SO editing.

Quarto said:
you can download the UE source code, while there is no way you could possibly get the Standoff source code.

I thought i saw it somewhere. I guess i just mixed them up.

Originally Posted by RaptorAce99
what happens when you hit the kilathi fighter in one of the missions?

let me reprase that if i kill the kilathi fighter do i get another mission?

You know, while I don't mind what people talk about in here, I can't help thinking that there might already be a forum dedicated to Standoff stuff :p.

In answer to your question, though, you won't get to fly another mission if you kill the Gothri. In wartime, you get medals for shooting cats, in peacetime you get a court-martial.

hey, so how could I get the scattergun patch and the patch that allows 250 ships at a single nav point? there arent any downloads at HCl's site for those.

The source code for various patches is available from HCl's site. There is no ready-to-use form of these patches, because that would have required far more work than it was worth (keeping in mind that you're the first person ever to ask about them - remember, these things are only useful to modders, because the game itself by default won't take advantage of any such patches).

I considered asking for the code to allow 250 ships in mission, but I know for a fact I like the programming experiance to get it involved in game (if there's an easy way to do it someone needs to tell me ASAP. *wink* Cause that would be FUN.)

Also, Quarto, I disagree. The UE Source Code is some sort of Holy-Grail to me. I spent all day today playing with it and using it and manipulating it, and I've learned enough to hound you with another set of questions. =P

But at least I understand more of what I'm asking about now, and I've managed to work around problems that I had in the past that kept me tied up for weeks at a time without any visible progress.

In fact, I'd have to say since I started playing with the source code I learned more on my own then I have from you in the last two years of messing with this stuff. =P

Maybe soon I'll actually be able to do something useful with it!

Back