I need help with 'secret ops'...

nickmitsialis

Rear Admiral
Guys:

This is my first post & I am trying to play the 'standoff' campaign; I have installed the Secret Ops but when I try to play it I get an error message; anybody able to offer m any help? I am not sure as to what info you need to offer advise & assistance but in case it helps I am using Win XP professional

NM

Did you set the compatability mode on secretops.exe? Right-click, hit properties and then the compatability tab and choose either win95 or 98. You will need to do this to the standoff.exe as well.

Did you set the compatability mode on secretops.exe? Right-click, hit properties and then the compatability tab and choose either win95 or 98. You will need to do this to the standoff.exe as well.

Sad to say but Where is that compatability mode? Also, I can't seem to find a key for the controls, IE: What key does what: Switch weapons, select targets etc...

Thanks ahead of time again....

NM

Sad to say but Where is that compatability mode? Also, I can't seem to find a key for the controls, IE: What key does what: Switch weapons, select targets etc...

Thanks ahead of time again....

NM

Like I said, right click on the executable and click properties

Yep, right click the Standoff.exe and Secretops.exe files, go to the compatibility tab, check "run this program in compatibility mode" (or something like that) and select either win 95 or win 98 from the drop down list.

As for the controls, Standoff uses the same controls as Secret Ops with a few exceptions (sometimes Standoff will use new keys for special functions such as using a tractor beam, but the ship's computer will tell you when this is the case). You can check out all the controls from the ESC menu during flight.

Thanks Guys..but now...

Guys:

Thanks for the help Guys I was able to find the executable & adjust it accordingly;

I need one more bit of help;

In order for me to play I need to enter some sort of registration key along with my callsign; Any idea where I can find that?

TIA

NM

Back