I need help or advice!

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
This may be the wrong forum for this, but the general chat seems to get more traffic than the mods section, and I need a lot of help.
What I've been trying to do is create a new Secret Ops mod around a new carrier. Now I've got a four chapter prelude outlined. This covers the ship's existence, sets up some of the main characters, and establishes peripheral events that have a bearing later in the story. I have two chapters actually written and four 3D fighter models finished, to almost finished.
The problem I'm having is that I have no artistic talent when it comes to creating textures for the fighters, and I'm not even sure I'm doing it right! I haven't gotten to a point where I can actually import the fighters, mainly because I'm stuck on the textures and they look like crap. However, IMHO, the models look pretty good.
I can create the basic mesh but I can't do a very good job on the textures:rolleyes:
So I'm kind of looking to recruit help or see if everybody thinks I should just turn it into to a fanfic project, because the way the chapters currently stand that wouldn't be too difficult.
If you can help out, with a mod, I'm even open to new fighter designs for Confed, pirates, Cats, and maybe even Firekkans. I currently have one Confed fighter done and ready for conversion and two Kilrathi fighters, with one more on the way.

So what should I do?

If Fan Projects doesn't get a lot of traffic, it's probably because people keep posting their project stuff in General instead.

I was kind of fishin for advice on whether I should continue on this thing as a Mod or fanfic project. As well as just recruiting any kind of help I could get.

Well, fanfic or mod is really up to you. It's a decision that depends entirely on what you think you can handle. Note, however, that to a very large degree, whether you get help or not will depend on how much you get done yourself.

I can get all of the models done on my own and I will porbably continue creating some models, for conceptual purposes at least, if I decide to do FanFic.
I haven't tried coding any missions yet so I'm not sure of my capabilities there. But I'm thinking that if this thing really takes off, I'm going to need a lot of help with those, because there are several missions planned against a criminal syndicate as well as the main campaign against the Kilrathi.
As the fiction stands right now I can take it either way so maybe I'll right up a FanFic and somewhere down the line, perhaps in a sequel, I'll see if I can't steal away some people from Standoff or UE.;)

Originally posted by Shaggy
...I'll see if I can't steal away some people from Standoff or UE.;)

Believe it or not, I think UE2 beat you to that ALREADY! :p

--Eder

Back