I need a cool Pic of Tolwyn!

top-fit

Spaceman
Hi everybody,
I work as a camera assistant at a Television Studio... and next week our guest will be Malcom McDowell! And of course, I want an autograph. But I just can't find a cool high-res Tolwyn-picture wich I could use ... neither on google, nor in the wcnews achives.

So if you got a cool Tolwyn-picture or if you know where to find one, could you please help me? I will of course upload the autograph afterwards!

Hi everybody,
I work as a camera assistant at a Television Studio... and next week our guest will be Malcom McDowell! And of course, I want an autograph. But I just can't find a cool high-res Tolwyn-picture wich I could use ... neither on google, nor in the wcnews achives.

So if you got a cool Tolwyn-picture or if you know where to find one, could you please help me? I will of course upload the autograph afterwards!

Search engines and this site are the only places I would know of to look.. unless Malcolm has some sort of fan site where you can order a picture of him (ebay?). On a side note, I found it interesting when I was reading Action Stations and other books from that Wing Commander series to look up pictures of Tolwyn in his younger years. It was pretty cool to know what Admiral Tolwyn looked like in his younger years as I browed pictures of McDowell in early films such as Clockwork Orange.

These are what I have, hope one helps...

I also found this website with some pretty cool pics of McDowell http://www.neverapologize.com/press.html

Anyway, if all else fails, why not just bring one of your WC games to be Autographed? Thats what I did. I brought WCTKS when I went to see Maniac doing standup. It now sports his autograph "To my #1 Fan, Maniac" with his actual name (Tom Wilson) undernieth.

Attachments

• img_45c3730985492.jpg
    img_45c3730985492.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 177
  • loomis030307.jpg
    loomis030307.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 167
Some screenshots of the WC4 DVD video printed out might be good. This is from a Tom Gaines video, but it's about the resolution and quality you'd get.

wc4musicvideo4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some screenshots of the WC4 DVD video printed out might be good. This is from a Tom Gaines video, but it's about the resolution and quality you'd get.

wc4musicvideo4.jpg

Does anyone know how to capture screen shots from the game? I've tried doing it in TKS during WC2, using "Print screen" but it jus comes out all black wth a few white dots showing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how to capture screen shots from the game? I've tried doing it in TKS during WC2, using "Print screen" but it jus comes out all black wth a few white dots showing up.

Try a program like FRAPS...

If you have the dos versions you should be able to take screenshots in dosbox as well.

Which show is he going to be on?

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 179
You know, McGruff, the "space nazi" thing wasn't too original when WC4 came out, and it's even less so now.

This being the intarweb, though, I suppose using an ancient, rusty hammer to bludgeon something to death is hardly surprising...

I'd get the one with him showing Blair the Vesuvius autographed. It's a great picture and would look great autographed and framed. I'd try to get him to sign, "Would have put the fear of God into the Kilrathi" along with Admiral Tolwyn. That would be great.

Malcolm McDowell recently did a one man play/reading about the earlier part of his career (and dealing largely with his friendship with director Lindsay Anderson), that went to the Cannes Film Festival this year. It got rave reviews, I've been waiting for it to come to DVD.

Edit: Here you go, http://imdb.com/title/tt1024965/

Thank you!

Thanks for your help! He signed me the autograph card, and
I pinned it beside my screen!

Attachments

• macdowell.jpg
    macdowell.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 183
Back