I just realised...

Dyret

Super Carrot!
Well, a couple of months ago, anyway...

Human slaves serve the Kilrathi as both labour and food. Now, having slaves, the Kilrathi aren't likely to prepare their own meals.

That makes the entire Kilrathi war somewhat more disturbing. :/

The use of slaves in their empire is actually a point brought up several times throughout the novels. It costs them at several points in the timeline (noted in the novels) and even helps the Confederation obtain phase-penetrating torpedo technology.

Kilrathi aren't really known for their cuisine though eh? Probably just a bunch of body parts on a platter unless they hunt their food still. Like capture them, keep them alive then let them loose and hunt them.

Kilrathi aren't really known for their cuisine though eh? Probably just a bunch of body parts on a platter unless they hunt their food still. Like capture them, keep them alive then let them loose and hunt them.

I think Fleet Action does establish that they do take some time with their food preparation and presentation, especially in the royal court. I think the real question is, would they trust a human to cook another human. That would be like killing a deer and then having another deer cook it up for you. That's a terrible idea, deer don't eat other deer, so they wouldn't know what spices to use or what type of wine goes well with themselves. I mean, unless the Kats employ Hannibal Lecter, I doubt their slaves would have good culinary knowledge when it comes to preparing humans. Not to mention I don't think they grow fava beans on Kilrah.

From the Gimle System:

Shotglass: Hey, there, Maverick. Welcome to the Gimle system, holiday spot of the Empire of Kilrah! Gimle’s habitable world is one huge forest, Kilrathi nobles and officers come here to hunt with their bare claws. I hear they bring Human POWs here and turn them loose in the woods, just so those hairy brutes can get their kicks by huntin’em down! Man, I’ll be glad when we kick those fleabags outta the sector!

http://wedge009.net/wc/wc1/gimle.php

IIRC, don't the Kilrathi eat raw meat? I remember something in Freedom Flight that Kirha didn't eat the food he was being given at Confed HQ because the meat was cooked, and wanted it raw when asked

He does...

Freedom Flight said:
Oh, this was better. Like the humans upon the ship, the Claw of the Tiger. Humans who would listen to him, not order him about. Humans like the one called Hunter. "Meat. Fresh meat, not burned in a fire. And no plants or roots mixed it with it. And I would like some arakh leaves," he added hopefully.

From the Gimle System:

Shotglass: Hey, there, Maverick. Welcome to the Gimle system, holiday spot of the Empire of Kilrah! Gimle’s habitable world is one huge forest, Kilrathi nobles and officers come here to hunt with their bare claws. I hear they bring Human POWs here and turn them loose in the woods, just so those hairy brutes can get their kicks by huntin’em down! Man, I’ll be glad when we kick those fleabags outta the sector!

http://wedge009.net/wc/wc1/gimle.php

ahem I believe you meant:
https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/Zeta_Wing_(Gimle_System)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never read Voices of War more than a quick glance through, so never noticed that one.

I've read VoW cover to cover so many times I'm amazed my copy is still together (and actually still pretty strong at that!)

It's one of my favorite WC supplements.

My favorite Wing Commander supplement is nofreespaceocil, the once-daily tablet that makes the Wing Commander experience longer and more pleasurable.

Still, creepy when you think about it, getting captured then set loose on a wild planet and hunted down by a pack of Kilrathi... not a very honourable death.

Depends who you ask. From the Kilrathi perspective, that's a more honorable way to kill the humans than the alternative.

Idea!

This could be a fanfiction horror story: two confed pilots get captured, and one is forced to cook the other for his new master. :confused:

Anways, until you made this post, I had no idea the Kilrathi ate their captives.

Now I know why if you are captured in Standoff, the screen reads: "A fate worse than death"!!!! :eek:

That's the point, hence my confusion. The question is talking about eating raw meat, but LOAF's response looks like he's talking about eating cooked meat.

That's the point, hence my confusion. The question is talking about eating raw meat, but LOAF's response looks like he's talking about eating cooked meat.

That's exactly what he's saying. Although Kirha makes a comment suggesting they don't cook their meat, apparently sometimes they do.

Okay, never mind. I'm clearly misunderstanding something in the initial question of 'don't the Kilrathi eat raw meat?'.

Back