I hate "The Sims"

What I really loved about Sim City 4 was the terrain editor. I actually spent a couple hours once trying to get them to look like just like the ones by my house. And it was great how close you could zoom in. The micro management was a bit hard at times though I thought. Even on the slowest setting it all seemed to go so fast.

iCE said:
but the sims suck... how many add-ons are there now? they're milking it out like a friggin' cow. and what's the fun in seeïng fictive people walking around in a house that you made... it would be more fun if the sims had a deathmatch option

That's exactly what I'm talking about. How stupid is that? "oh, they wanna make money with the franchise by offering new content for the game that people like to play" , Yeah, how fucking EVIL.

It's a lot better when we have to sit here wishing for new PC content for WC for the LAST 7 YEARS. Hell, I wish EA "milked" WC just like that. I'd love to have 7 expansion packs for WCP or WCSO.

People love to feel hardcore by trashing "mainstream", "casual" stuff.

The fact that YOU don't like Sims doesn't mean it's garbage, you know. Different people are interested in different kinds of games. And apart from lame budget stuff and hunting games, any game that sells a lot is good for the industry in general.

As much as I found doom3 really boring, I'd like it to sell well. it's good for the FPS games.

Nomad Terror said:
You played the Sims all year long?

No - I watched lesbians kiss for my entire High School career. I may be the only man alive to consider the act so pedestrian that its no longer a turn-on.

Personally I have played Sim City, Sim City 2000, Sim Farm, Sim Earth, Sim Ant, Sim Life, Sim Tower, The Sims, The Sims: Livin' Large, The Sims 2

SimFarm was kinda cool, but the crop duster in SimCity 4 (RH/Deluxe only?) was way cooler. Nothing like flying over residential neighborhoods dropping zombie juice on the citizens... oh, sure, it got old fast, but look, ma, polygons!

Nomad Terror said:
Personally I have played Sim City, Sim City 2000, Sim Farm, Sim Earth, Sim Ant, Sim Life, Sim Tower, The Sims, The Sims: Livin' Large, The Sims 2

In other words you have about the same time on ur hands as the rest of us, if not more.

F4U Corsair said:
You can do that!? I've made them kiss but that was it...

Yes in the Sims 2, you can make two women get into bed together and Woohoo as they call it in the game. You just have to have their relationship scores high enough. Its easier to do with people who are romantically inclined and have a certain zodiac. But if you build up a relationship score between any two adults or elders you can make them Woohoo. If you just want to see it happen and don't want to work at it. Just make a family of two women and have them be be married and you should have the option as soon as you move them in to a house. You just have to get both people into the bed, or the dressing room in the clothing store.

ck9791 said:
Yes in the Sims 2, you can make two women get into bed together and Woohoo as they call it in the game.

I did that in Ultima 7 once. Dont remember how or why, though. :eek:

Oh right, I almost forgot that Freespace is actually a spin off from a game where you fly through mining tunnels and shoot robots. I did enjoy Descent though.

And I like all the Sim Cities, but I like 4 the best. Even though my cities are rather small (30,000-130,000 people), they are prosperous, happy, not in debt and have great health and education scores. I can't wait to get RH so I can use the expanded transit options.

F4U Corsair said:
In other words you have about the same time on ur hands as the rest of us, if not more.

Well no, not really. I got started with Simcity back some 10 or 11 years ago. Spreading that number of games out over that many years doesn't really imply any sort of time had or not had.

Dyret said:
I did that in Ultima 7 once. Dont remember how or why, though. :eek:

Ultima 7, Part II: Serpent Isle had a Mayor's Wife who wasn't very picky about whether the Avatar was a man OR a woman, so that's probably how you did it. ;)

There's a game called "Spartan" that has lesbians on them, but it's just people who live on the lesbos islands.

Back