I hate being a showoff...

Saturnyne

Vice Admiral
But I love what I'm showing off. I wrote a song the other day and I actually want to share it with people. w00t!

It's an instrumental. It's called "Death Take Me".

Download (3.23 MB)

As an aside, I had no idea where else to post this... comments and such are appreciated.

And I don't like show-offs either. :p I like the track, though. Did you plan to have it in some kind of context? Like, Freespace 2 briefings or something (just an example)?
Hm, the strings sound like they're MIDI... Good atmosphere, anyway. I've heard worse in commersial games.

heh... yeah, it was done with MIDI instruments. It was all I really needed for what I had in mind.

As an aside, it is a requiem to a friend who passed away last week.

Hey, I figure this is a good picture for a showoff thread.

Here's my room! It's clean! Mostly.. At least it was when I took the picture..

chrisreidroom.jpg

Your monitors don't look crazy enough arranged like that... or possibly from that angle...

Cl...e....an...? What is this "clean" of which you speak?

Heh... dare I ask what is being held in yer hand there?

LOL! :D That's a lot of magnetism in a small area!
I saw something similar once at www.f4community.com... Someone had like 7-9 monitors (many, anyway - one for every view) for a flight-sim (not Falcon 4), some crazy joystick-setup, a lot of EVERYTHING!

Perhaps, but not in the quantities Chris has. There's enough there to supply a platoon or two or three or four!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Saturnyne
As an aside, it is a requiem to a friend who passed away last week.
Whoops, missed this bit. For what it's worth, I hope you're feeling okay. Natural causes or accident?

Oh yeah, I'm okay. Of course, there are some regrets, but those are the breaks. As per your question, he passed away from kidney failure.

Oh, so was it expected, then? My mum's mum died from the same thing... but that was a few years back.

Well he had kidney probs for years... it has been a matter of time since, I guess. But even so, it still managed to catch myself and everyone involved by surprise.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Sheesh, that, on top of a ridiculously huge Super Soaker collection... I think some people have too much money. ;)

Yeah.. and unfortunately any pictures of it you've seen are way out of date. I've got fully TWICE as many Super Soakers as have been photographed. Unfortunately life is too busy for me to arrange them and set up a picture.

Well, all I have to show of is really my music. If you haven't heard what I've composed for the Fan Project, Unknown Enemy, you can download to samples at our downloads page:

http://unknownenemy.solsector.net

Also, if you want to hear me actually playing a few instruments on an original composition, I have one of them on my site (it's a totally different style than what I've done for UE)

http://www.needaham3.homestead.com/files/MichaelMahadeenBackInMyLife.mp3

It's called Back in My Life - just in case u didn't catch it from the file name. I'm playing the the alto sax (both tracks), and later on, the soprano sax. The rest is synthesised. Let me know what you think!

Back