I found it! I think.

Ridgerunner

Vice Admiral
I think I found the billion credit glitch.

I was sitting in the New Detroit Ship Dealer. I had about 150,000 credits. I had in gun slots 1 Tachyon and 1 Tractor on a Galaxy. Both missile launchers had 11 imrecs. First I bought a tractor beam and clicked to mount it in the top missile launcher. I did not look at the credits. Then I bought a plasma gun and clicked to mount it in the gun slot that had the tractor. When I looked at the credits, I have 1,188,104,448.00 credits. Guess I'll be buying another Paradigm.

I did not sell the mounted missiles and tractor before I got the new stuff. I just clicked on the spaces where I wanted the new stuff regardless of what was already there. My own time saving tecnique.

good call... thank you... I guess I'll go ahead and hack at the upgrade system *again* gosh I hope I don't break anything

BUT. . .But. . .but. . .

hellcatv said:
good call... thank you... I guess I'll go ahead and hack at the upgrade system *again* gosh I hope I don't break anything

Awww. . .
No fair! I haven't gotten the package with my new video card yet! I'm gonna have to learn ta play on something with all the you're rich NOW quirks conveniently removed from the game!

'Snot Fair!

Good work dude

Umm, I hacked my sav to add 1mil Credits so I could test modifications easily. In My fleet, whenever I change ships, I get any sold cargo back. I've sold Achilles a load of Iron, Tungsen and gems a lot of times. Every time I switch ships on the same base, I get these back, and lose upgrades to my other ship. As that distinguished gentleman Mr. E. Fudd said: "It's scwewy!"

I can't reproduce your problem with ships...
so I own a galaxy and stiletto (back when I could still have stilettos ;-) )
and I bought 100 cargo for the galaxy...
then I load the stiletto--it's full of 25 of that cargo
I sell those 25, then I switch back to the galaxy--sam eupgrades... 75 cargo...sell 20...then switch back... I have 25 cargo...sell that switch back to galaxy now 30 cargo...sell 10 and switch back to stiletto... now I have 20 cargo... sell that switch back 10 cargo left...

perhaps it's broken with recently purchased starships? but I don't thinK I treat those any differnetly-- give me exactly the order you do things? buy a new ship? sell? buy an old or something

I'm pretty sure he is describing a bug that was fixed post 008, in which case you wouldn't be able to reproduce it :) See this thread. Unfortunately you edited out Ghost's description of the exploit, but I am pretty sure it was what Chemus is describing here. Could be related to this old bug as well (actually the same one I think)

I have the original stock Tarsus. I buy another ship. The cargo gets transferred. I go to the commodity exchange and look at the manifest there. it shows the cargo. Also has added a book or some wood...then I go back to the ship dealer. Swotch ships. Tarsus now has double the cargo that it previously had. This happens until tarsus is full. I got 96 Iron and 100 gems and one textile. when I switch to the centurion, I get that and ocasionally some extraneous cargo (all this on ver 008).

I surmise that it has to do with the ship swap, or possibly the cargo level tree.

Gulp

Ridgerunner said:
Thenk yew.

(Dude? DUDE?!? I know how to ride a horse. I'll thank you to keep your insults to yourself.)

*WE NEED SMILEYS IN THIS FORUM!!!!*

You're quite welcome.

(Sir! Yes, SIR!
<sigh>
<---Can't do anything right today.
=)
Sorry. Would dudette have been better?)

;-D

No. I am a virile male.

A dude ranch is where DUDES go to pretend to be cowboys. And to learn to ride horses. And brand cattle. etc. etc.

Ridgerunner said:
A dude ranch is where DUDES go to pretend to be cowboys. And to learn to ride horses. And brand cattle. etc. etc.
In Texas maybe (and in my home state lol). In the rest of the world, it isn't quite so bad ;)

At any rate: easy folks! It's starting to look like a chat room in here :D Let's at least make a pretense of staying on topic.

Back