I am begging, Please!!!!

Osiris

Swabbie
Banned
Ok I asked before but please hear me out before you instantly deny.

Ok my Priv Disk 1 is broken, and i really want to play this game. Yes i looked at buying it off ebay but seems how its a rare game the prices are from 20 to 70$ and all i want is 1 cd. I don't want to collect the game cds, manuals, orginal box. All i want to do is play my fav game.

I downloaded the game for free and Legally from http://www.iamamoron.com but that version is all messed up and won't work. But it just proves that giving the file content of cd 1 wouldn't be breaking any big copyright laws (i think please don't qoute me on that).

So now i am begging for love of god will someone just give me cd 1 :( Please, If i find my other cds are messed up then fine i will buy the game agian but doubt they are. PLEASE just let me play my fav game, please!!!

Now i asked for cd 1 to wc4 earlier but turns out that cd wasn't messed up it was just my dvd drive driver. I know for a fact Priv 2 cd 1 is broken cause its snapped.

So agian please just give me a chance to play my fav game.

I downloaded the game for free and Legally from...

No, you didn't. You have until Chris shows up to ban you to edit your post and get rid of that URL - downloading Privateer 2 isn't legal.

You did not download the game legally.

You have been warned about this before.

You have broken a forum rule that explicitly states will result in immediate banning.

1) If you think another user is breaking the rules, do not flame or harass them. Contact the Administrators instead. The decisions of the CIC Forums Administrators with respect to the message board rules is final.

2) Controversial subjects that have already been discussed at length or are likely to cause a disturbance (eg. canon issues, politics, religion, etc.) should be avoided if not presented in a thoughtful way. A good debate is encouraged, but some subjects have already been debated to the death.

3) Due to the history of "(something) vs (something)" threads stirring up flames and arguments, especially if they involve other sci-fi universes, such threads are specifically prohibited.

4) Do not post messages specifically for the purpose of publizicing a website or soliciting a non-Wing Commander product or service. References to web sites and resources directly related to the current discussion are encouraged. Personal URLs in signatures are allowed.

5) Posters should take care to maintain discussion/debate and avoid bickering/quarrels. Many people of different tastes and points of view come into contact on the internet. Flames and other abusive language are not tolerated.

6) The Wing Commander Chat Zone is designed for Wing Commander topics. Other space sims and miscellaneous discussion should go in the Off Topic Zone.

7) The signature limit is four lines. URLs are allowed, large sizes and pictures are not, and excessive colors or profanity are discouraged.

8) The CIC reserves the right to close any thread or remove any post that it considers inappropriate.

9) If you believe that the CIC Staff have made a mistake in regard to various forum rules, policies, procedures or actions, protests are not to be done on the Forums. You should use E-Mail or IRC to contact the Administrators. Any messages posted on the Forums for this purpose will be deleted, and the person responsible may be banned.

10) The CIC may have more server space and bandwidth than an entire South American nation, but please try to be sensible with your posts. You need not be serious all the time, but there are limits on "silly" posts.

11) Linking to, offering, requesting or hinting at the whereabouts of warez, abandonwarez, copying games or other illegal content can result in immediate banning.

12) You are allowed one Crius.net account. If there is an issue with your account, please contact the Administrators via email or IRC. Under no circumstances are users allowed to register a second account. Multiple accounts will be closed without warning.

13) Posters are held to a certain standard of legibility. Non-native English speakers are very welcome, but sloppy and lazy writers should proofread their posts as a courtesy to others. Excessive pointless vulgarity is discouraged.

14) Any attempt to circumvent a CIC Forums ban will result in permanent revocation of posting privileges. In the event that a ban is removed, formerly banned users are considered to be on probation. Permanent banning may result from further disorderly conduct or disturbance.

Disclaimer:
The CIC Staff reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever other information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Finally, note that while the CIC Staff do check your posts, this is a manual process and can take time. As such, you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CIC, Jelsoft Enterprises (the makers of the vBulletin board software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11) Linking to, offering, requesting or hinting at the whereabouts of warez, abandonwarez, copying games or other illegal content can result in immediate banning.

Is the one i broke, i just now read the rules on that but hey whatever. I was not warned about that rule. No where in the rules does it say I can't ask for parts of the game. Damn your a like a robot or something, I ask for one part of the game and your all like "DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!"

Oh i guess i just now broke this rule to :
12) You are allowed one Crius.net account. If there is an issue with your account, please contact the Administrators via email or IRC. Under no circumstances are users allowed to register a second account. Multiple accounts will be closed without warning.

----------------------

I can see that your prick and that you can't understand that i am just eager to play priv 2 and the only thing stopping me is Cd 1.

So sorry for wanting CD 1 free, I hope to god you brake one of your cds and then you feel how feel. Spending 20 to 70$ just cause the game is rare. I am not a collector just a gamer and all i was asking for was the lil series of 1's and O's found on Cd 1.

First of all, let us be very, very clear about this: "your" is the possessive. The word you are struggling for (twice) is "you're", the contraction of "you are". Getting it wrong makes you look like an idiot.

Is the one i broke, i just now read the rules on that but hey whatever. I was not warned about that rule.

You had to read the rules and press "I agree" before you could register for an account. Also, if you can't figure out that telling people how to steal Wing Commander games at a Wing Commander message board is wrong, there isn't much hope for you.

No where in the rules does it say I can't ask for parts of the game.

No, it doesn't. In fact, this is something we routinely help people with -- you can find quite a few instances of this in the support forum. Your (!) asking for help isn't what earned you the ban - it was the fact that you linked to "warez".

Damn your a like a robot or something, I ask for one part of the game and your all like "DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!"

Seriously, what possible problem could you have with the Lost in Space Robot? The thing saved the day *constantly*. When it told Will Robinson there was danger, it always meant it!

Even more seriously, what do you hope to accomlish here? You're (!) embarassing yourself -- in one stupid move you've turned a twenty four hour ban into something permanent, possibly an IP ban. Why would you do that?

UrbanDuban said:
Is the one i broke, i just now read the rules on that but hey whatever. I was not warned about that rule. No where in the rules does it say I can't ask for parts of the game.

Hehe, never warned about that rule. Good one.

UrbanDuban said:
Oh i guess i just now broke this rule to

Not only that, but you earned yourself a permanent IP ban.

UrbanDuban said:
I can see that your prick and that you can't understand that i am just eager to play priv 2 and the only thing stopping me is Cd 1.

Yeah, the only thing stopping you from playing a game is having a copy of the game. Will wonders never cease?

UrbanDuban said:
So sorry for wanting CD 1 free, I hope to god you brake one of your cds and then you feel how feel. Spending 20 to 70$ just cause the game is rare.

Spending $20 to $70 is the going rate on any game. I've spent far more on rare games. If I broke one of my games though, I'd go buy another one instead of humilitate myself by begging the world for a hand out because I was too cheap to buy a $20 game.

UrbanDuban said:
I am not a collector just a gamer and all i was asking for was the lil series of 1's and O's found on Cd 1.

Why don't you try that one at a store and see how far it gets you?

You guys should sticky this thread as a warning.

First off, it won't deter people from doing it any more than the actual posted rule does. People will still give the same "Oh I didn't know, I never read that" that they always give. Second, there should be no need for a warning, it is posted in the rules. If you're dumb enough to post here without knowing the rules and just expect the mods to make an exception for you, you deserve to be banned.

I think that this is the rule broken:

That is correct.

Edit: But generally, the moderators understand that people make mistakes. There are almost no permanent bans here -- as long as you understand what you did wrong, you're perfectly willing to come back and post again. There was someone just the other day who linked to the Wing Commander movie soundtrack CD... he did it because he was excited and thought it would help Wing Commander fans, and honestly didn't know it was illegal. We're not banning him over that -- it was a perfectly understandable error.

The individual in this thread, though, just got stupider and more aggressive when he was told he was breaking the rules... and *that* is the real clincher in such a situation.

You guys should sticky this thread as a warning.

What makes you think this thread would serve as a better warning than the rules stated in the CZ account registration? If people are too stupid to see it then, why would they bother to see it here?

For the same reason impaled heads outside the city walls were both an effective deterrent and also an illustration that rules are indeed enforced.

For the same reason impaled heads outside the city walls were both an effective deterrent and also an illustration that rules are indeed enforced.

We mostly have trouble with FreeSpace fans, though, and stabbing them through the head does little damage.

DSCI0051.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDuban

Yeah, the only thing stopping you from playing a game is having a copy of the game. Will wonders never cease?

That proves that i have the game and that CD 1 is cracked like i said before. I see that was banned now for posting a link and not asking for CD 1. Chris mis-lead me into thinking that asking for CD 1 is what got me banned for saying

You have been warned about this before.

I was never warned about posting links to warez because i never done it before. The only thing I have posted before that involved Chris was posting for CD 1.

Yes i took the stupid approach to making my account and just clicked "Yes i agree to this terms" without reading. I could of sold my first born son to this site i wouldn't have known it.

Also in response to Loaf, when i got banned just by account and not Ip. It said permantly banned to be lifted never. Therefore it wasn't just a 24 hour punishment for being stupid.

In to reasons why i posted that site was because i know you guys like specific details and in all efforts to play the game I have looked for free download sites. I figure seems how the game is really old and no longer in production it wasn't hurting no one. I was wrong, i know that now seems how you guys gave me the heads up. That site didn't have spyware or pop ups so it seemed like an "Ok" site to download free and old dos games.

Question to Chris: Why couldn't you just remove the link from my post? You have editing powers, that wouldn't have been so hard. I know the rules state "banned without warning" but you could of PM me and just say "Hey man we don't like it when you post sites. Here is a link to the forum rules, you should re-read them"

I would of listened and felt like "Oh crap", but no you had to perm ban me. Now I realize i am still breaking Rule 12 and that this Ip address will most likely be banned also. I wish I can still post here and I am genually sorry for breaking rule 11 and 12 but rules are rules. I guess i am the guy to be made example of, so I am for making this a sticky.

Agian Truly Sorry for the troubles, I am alot calmer than I was from my first response to this and I can see I was in the wrong. All I want to do is play Priv 2 on my 7 foot screen and I look at CD 1 being cracked and I ask "Why couldn't it have been CD 3?"

P.S. Sorry Loaf i am not an English Major, I am a redneck from Kentucky.

Avoiding a ban tends not to go over well with admin.

Not to mention violating rule 14.

For the peanut gallery:

When you sign up you are shown the rules of the forum, and have to agree to abide by them before your account is created. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse, and doubly so for willful ignorance (more commonly referred to as "stupidity"). If you are in doubt about any of the rules, they're always available from a link at the top of each and every forum page.

Back