Hurricane Katarina

I think I read something about them focusing on the gangs and the people grabbing stuff other than food and critical supplies.

In other news, about 200 people from New Orleans arrived on UWG's campus yesterday afternoon. They're being put up in a dorm that was going to be torn down later this semester. I'm glad that my university has been able to help like this.

I'm truly surprised that martial law hasn't been declared in N.O. by now.

Has the governor of the state declared the place a disaster area or whatever the special term is? I can't find any info to say that such has been declared.

Been awhile since I last posted.
I'm (as in me and my disaster relief unit) heading out on the 13th to Mississippi to relieve a feeding unit that has to go home (Southern Baptist Disaster Relief). Prentice or someplace.
I'll take a ride on an ERV and snap some pictures. We SBC DR guys might as well be in RC (but we can mobelize a lot quicker than they can I'm sorry to say). Ofcourse most of us are in both. My team leaders bussines card says "Southern Baptist Disaster Relief Commander Centeral South, CERT assistant cooridator and Red Cross Disaster Relief cooridentor Gloucester County. (my spelling sucks I don't have the card with me) Weird how I'm in all those teams too and in the Emergency Response Team for my work. (shamless shout out) Fords Colony.

The only teams allowed to the very furthest south right now are FEMA and those teams FEMA asks for by name. While down there I'll probably hear the Red Cross was asked to leave N.O. and let the National Guard handle the problem (aka let FEMA do this, it has got the spot light). The Red Cross might be asked to handle feeding the units and the people while they wait to be moved out. Let me check something..... yep thats about what it is, got one of our teams Texas or Ohio or one of the huge teams down there cooking the food.

Will Dial
Mississippi bound 9-12 0r 9-13
"Some people want to live with in church or chapel bell. I want to work in a rescue center with in a yard of hell."

For anyone curious about the origin of the name Katrina. Here it is. It is Germanic in origin.

Katrina

Do you know anyone named Katrina? If I recall, I may know a couple Katrina's.

Ptarmigan said:
Do you know anyone named Katrina?

I have a cousin nammed Katrina... Although last I checked she's nothing like a Hurricane.

Porthos said:
I'm truly surprised that martial law hasn't been declared in N.O. by now.

Has the governor of the state declared the place a disaster area or whatever the special term is? I can't find any info to say that such has been declared.

Uh, Porthos, the governor declared Martial Law in New Orleans and its surrounding area on the 31st of August.

Back