How To

Cobrafang

Spaceman
I'd like to know how to fly if posible the XS-1A Rapier IV Strike Fighter or is it something to look for in the second game

One day, Eder showed me a model he made of the SWC Rapier... I don't remember if he gave it BW insignia before or after he showed it to me, but basically that's how it got into the game.

Eder said:
Insignia came after the "cool, let's use that somehow" part.

I say, let's use it some more and make a ship after it.

-says a fanboy of "elegant" ships. To hell with the Tigershark, Rapier IV is the way to go!

Because it's supposed to be nothing more than an easter egg. Addionally, if it was flyable in the sim, people would have access to its stats in the game, and I didn't want that, because I wanted to be able to adjust the stats later for UE2 without anyone complaining about inconsistencies. The way it is right now, of course, people can still check its stats by opening up the ship file, but there's nothing to indicate that these stats are official.

(BTW, if you look at my tutorial to EXE editing on KillerWave's site, you should have no difficulty editing UE's EXE file to allow you to fly the Rapier IV in the sim...)

Back