How to buy Demon in 1.1?

stthrobber

Spaceman
I've played version 1 of the remake using a Demon, but having downloaded the entire version of 1.1 and restarted, I've got enough money to buy a Demon but I can't find one.

I remember completing the original game using a Centurion, but the 3rd Oxford mission in version 1 of the remake was impossibly difficult to do and so I did the whole game again with a Demon.

I have tried going to the usual places and checking the commodity exchanges, but no luck so far in New Detroit, Perry, New Constantinople etc.

The ReadMe thread mentions that Milspec ships are not available anymore. Maybe this also covers the Demon.

EDIT: May be not true. A thread in the Vegastrike forum mentions that you still can buy demons, by a "hidden interface: (QUOTE: Go to the Upgrades screen (ship dealer, upgrade/repair), and select "Ships" on the top button row. That shows the old (1.0) ship dealer. ).

The thread also mentions that the Oxford mission in 1.1 is much easier, as the behavior of enemy ships has been adjusted.

Now it's your choice: Stay true to the Privateer spirit, or go the easier way with a demon.

criticalmass said:
EDIT: May be not true. A thread in the Vegastrike forum mentions that you still can buy demons, by a "hidden interface: (QUOTE: Go to the Upgrades screen (ship dealer, upgrade/repair), and select "Ships" on the top button row. That shows the old (1.0) ship dealer. ).

Im not sure as well. It's true that every ship which wasn't available in the original games has to be bought over the ship button in the upgrade menu.

Demons are available, I fly one myself. Originally they said you had to join the mercenary's guild to buy it but i was told this is not longer true... perhaps you just have to complete the original campaign.

By the way, you should use the new forum for questions about 1.1, most users don't browse this one anymore.
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=24

Master Wooky said:
Im not sure as well. It's true that every ship which wasn't available in the original games has to be bought over the ship button in the upgrade menu.

Demons are available, I fly one myself. Originally they said you had to join the mercenary's guild to buy it but i was told this is not longer true... perhaps you just have to complete the original campaign.

By the way, you should use the new forum for questions about 1.1, most users don't browse this one anymore.
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=24

Many thanks for this. I'm not currently a member of the Mercenary's Guild in my campaign, my old Tarsus isn't strong enough for the big fights. Can't seem to upgrade to any decent level of shield protection or reactors.

Back