How many kills?

FrostyNSO

Spaceman
How many Kills is it possible to get in Prophecy+Secret Ops? Also, how many of those are alien aces?

...I'm gonna make a run at this next week =)

I seem to remember getting about 535-565 kills the first time I ran through Prophecy and over 800 on Secret Ops. That was on Ace mode I don''t know if the difficulty effects how many enemies there are.

NSO stands for Nuclear Security Officer. Otherwise known as 'Armed Responders'.

If I remember correctly, Nephilum aces were the ones who flew the Devil Ray ships. They weren't specifically desginated as aces per se, but they were much more challenging than other bug pilots and flew in a manner more consistent with Kilrathi aces from WC3 and major bad guys like Seether in WC4.

Also, if I remember correctly, there were voice files that would only be played (during Prohpecy, at least) by pilots in Devil Rays, and unique combat coms have always been a trademark of enemy aces in the WC series.

My two bits, for what it's worth (if anything :D ).

Sphynx

Oh sure, everyone call the Devil Ray pilots Aces. Problem is, the game keeps no specific count of ace kills. But a not-so-quick visit to the CIC's strategy area can tell us how many bugs are there in total, and how many aces.

WCP and SO are the "easiest" WC games in the standard dificulty. WCP in nightmare is probably easier than WC4 in normal. WCSO is harder, because of the endless amount of bugs, not because of intrinsic difficulty.

Devil Ray pilots are very good, but I recall in Prophecy the first time through there were I think 3 Devil Rays throughout the game that were specifically labeled "Devil Ray Ace".

No such Devils Rays were in SO if I remember correctly.

FrostyNSO said:
Devil Ray pilots are very good, but I recall in Prophecy the first time through there were I think 3 Devil Rays throughout the game that were specifically labeled "Devil Ray Ace".

No such Devils Rays were in SO if I remember correctly.

In SO, the aces fly all kinds of figthers.

Were they actually listed as aces? It's been a while for me but I don't remember any. Also I was on normal mode, were you higher?

Edfilho said:
WCP and SO are the "easiest" WC games in the standard dificulty. WCP in nightmare is probably easier than WC4 in normal. WCSO is harder, because of the endless amount of bugs, not because of intrinsic difficulty.

For once, you and I are in total agreement. WC:p was really fun but not overly challenging.

WC4's biggest issue was the bad assness of the missiles...almost 1 shot of any type was going to knock you out of the fight if not outright destroy you...although it applied to enemy fighters too.

You can get as many kills as you want to in WCP and SO. You just need to have the patience, fuel and decoys. Just fly the second mission of WCP where you have to rescue Maniac and the Redback squad and instead of following the nav point route after locating the Panthers, fly through the middle: meet a carrier and a wing of Morays. Take out the Morays, auto pilot to the Midway, fly out there again to meet the carrier and a fresh wing of Morays. You fail the mission, but come out with a stack of kills anyway.

Just be wary of which missions you decide to do this on, as some missions will give whatever kill score you manage to Stiletto as well...And you can't have her topping the kill board

Back